Sold: mascot I sight rib

Go down

Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Chris Miceli on 7/27/2018, 4:35 pm

Used needs mounting screws looks to be in good shape  125 shipped


Last edited by Chris Miceli on 7/28/2018, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2633
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Chris Miceli on 7/27/2018, 4:37 pm


avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2633
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/27/2018, 4:48 pm

These are rare has hens teeth. For those who do not know, they were designed and built by the late Travis Strahan of Ringold, GA. He was the 'smith of Herschel Anderson. This one appears to be the Mascot II. My recall, going back to late 70's the Mascot did not have the "gator" ramp, whereas the Mascot II did. I may have it reversed. The uniqueness of the rib was that the rear and front side move on the same axis point.

Strahan also had a coil spring conversion for S&W revolvers and he had the Accu-Lock 1911s with a very unique lockup.

Martin
avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Chris Miceli on 7/27/2018, 4:55 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:These are rare has hens teeth. For those who do not know, they were designed and built by the late Travis Strahan of Ringold, GA. He was the 'smith of Herschel Anderson. This one appears to be the Mascot II. My recall, going back to late 70's the Mascot did not have the "gator" ramp, whereas the Mascot II did. I may have it reversed. The uniqueness of the rib was that the rear and front side move on the same axis point.

Strahan also had a coil spring conversion for S&W revolvers and he had the Accu-Lock 1911s with a very unique lockup.

Martin

Mascot I

avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2633
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/27/2018, 5:42 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:These are rare has hens teeth. For those who do not know, they were designed and built by the late Travis Strahan of Ringold, GA. He was the 'smith of Herschel Anderson. This one appears to be the Mascot II. My recall, going back to late 70's the Mascot did not have the "gator" ramp, whereas the Mascot II did. I may have it reversed. The uniqueness of the rib was that the rear and front side move on the same axis point.

Strahan also had a coil spring conversion for S&W revolvers and he had the Accu-Lock 1911s with a very unique lockup.

Martin

Mascot I

Yep, Had it reversed. He came out with the gator back, then people wanted it milled off. Thus the Mascott II. I had one of each and a Strahan gun at one time with the coil spring conversion. Travis was a good friend of my friend, legendary James E. "Jim" Collins an Alabama Trooper. Jim was first to shoot a perfect 1500 in PPC and he did it nearly forty years ago. My recall it was a 1500-126X. He also shot a crazy 1499-139X. One year at the Nationals a guy named Nixon, Ed as I recall shot a then unheard of 599 NMC and they were basically giving him the National Championship, because the only way that Collins, who had not yet shot Match 5 (NMC) could beat him, was if he shot a 600 and no one had ever done it. Collins shot a 600! UFB. I think that was 77.

Sorry for hijacking your post. I have very fond memories of Strahan, Collins and many others BITD.
avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Chris Miceli on 7/27/2018, 5:45 pm

Maybe I shouldn’t sell this Smile
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2633
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/27/2018, 5:57 pm

I, for many years shot NRA Action Pistol. There we shoot on a moving target. To deal with this one must either hold lead, or some how have a device or scope which can input lead. The first of which was the Gilmore/Leopold "mover scope". Ron Powers came out with a mover base to mount under your scope. There have been many devices. I invented and had EOTech make a MJ Custom Reticle for the 400 Series HoloSights that I used to set a number of National Records with and I know John Sanders has won 3 NRA Grand Senior National Championships using my reticle. Most now prefer Warren Moore's "stick shift" mover base.

The Strahan Mascot assembly is basically a "mover" base. The upper, swivels on the lower, thus adding windage adjustment. Add a coarser adjustment screw for windage and you have a mover set up to input lead. I spoke to Travis about this about ten years ago. He was winding down and did not have any of the Mascots anymore. Want to shoot Metallic Sights in NRA AP, then a Mascot may be the ticket, with some minor mods. FYI Stick Shifts cost about $350, and Warren gets $550 for just a mover front sight, of which I have a couple of each .
avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by rich.tullo on 7/28/2018, 5:21 am

Fascinating Posts!
avatar
rich.tullo

Posts : 1037
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/28/2018, 1:04 pm

Someone please buy Chris' MASCOT Rib. I really don't need it. ( I'm trying to thin out stuff of my own )
avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Chris Miceli on 7/28/2018, 2:03 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:Someone please buy Chris' MASCOT Rib. I really don't need it. ( I'm trying to thin out stuff of my own )

Decided to keep it
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2633
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 7/28/2018, 7:56 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:Someone please buy Chris' MASCOT Rib. I really don't need it. ( I'm trying to thin out stuff of my own )

Decided to keep it
Good choice! bounce
avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Allgoodhits on 8/1/2018, 12:15 pm

Here is that reticle I developed for NRA Action Pistol.
First, I have bad eyes.
Second, I developed this for the D-1 target which had no "black" center. Black center came with AP-1
Third, everyone I know, at one time or another forgot to set or miss set there lead.

The diamond shape at 50 yds brackets the D-1 and AP-1 targets, which are 18 x 30 inches. BITD when there was no black center, and with poor vision the perforated scoring rings were invisible to me. Bracket the reticle on the target, it is centered.

The outer L R dots were calculated lead for the Bianchi Target moving at 10 ft per sec. The precise calculation for bullet speed was 1050 fps. A well aimed shot would still yield an X or 10 at plus or minus 150 fps. Simply put the right DOT in target center when shooting left and there is your lead at all distances. Use other DOT going in other direction. Simple and it works. Zero gun in and you are done. 

After design, I reached out to Tasco, Leopold, Burris and C More. Bushnell was best option since they already had the technology and scope with removable reticles. Unfortunately, Bushnell (EOTech) discontinued the 400 series HOLOsight with interchangeable reticles. I had 200 of these made and sold them all over the world. This was about 20 years ago. I and a few others still use them. Finding the scopes is becoming a problem. It was cost prohibitive to have each scope made with such a restricted market. Since I knew the dimensions of the image, I could use it as a rangefinder when shooting on a target of a approximate known size.

avatar
Allgoodhits

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold: mascot I sight rib

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum