FS: New Matchguns MG2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FS: New Matchguns MG2

Post by MGUSA on 8/9/2018, 2:50 pm

FS by importer: Brand new Matchguns MG2 with the most recent updated internal components for reliable operation.
MG2 has the 2 stage adjustable mechanical trigger.
$1600 plus $75 for shipping to your FFL.
Comes with Matchguns Morini grip. Different grip sizes available.
Comes with 2 magazines, 2 barrel weights, cleaning kit, storage case, manual, and test target.

Remarks: 
1. MG2 is the standard pistol version. Its barrel length is 152 mm.
2. There are other MG2 variants: 
    a) MG2E (has an electric trigger)
    b) MG2 Rapid (has tungsten compensators for rapid fire)
    c) MG2E Rapid (rapid fire with an electric trigger)
    d) MG2 Bullseye (barrel is about 1 inch longer with up to 10 tungsten compensators).
3. You can find out your grip size and other details at matchguns.com website.
4. Spare parts and magazines are available.
5. Long and short dovetail rails for scope mount are available on eBay.

Last edited by MGUSA on 8/16/2018, 11:57 am; edited 7 times in total

MGUSA

Back to top Go down

Re: FS: New Matchguns MG2

Post by Axehandle on 8/9/2018, 3:55 pm

Over my head so I googled it.
http://matchguns.com/en/mg2-standard-cesare-morini

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/9/2018, 3:59 pm

Whicwhich mg2? Rapid ? Bullseye ? The other rapid ? The Cesar ? The mg2 before the Cesar ?
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 8/9/2018, 4:06 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:Whicwhich mg2? Rapid ? Bullseye ? The other rapid ? The Cesar ? The mg2 before the Cesar ?
Sounds like the MG2. The rapid fire model is the MG2 Rapid fire. There is no bullseye model that I know of and he stated the latest and greatest model. I have one myself and it is flawless.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/9/2018, 4:15 pm

1joel1 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:Whicwhich mg2? Rapid ? Bullseye ? The other rapid ? The Cesar ? The mg2 before the Cesar ?
Sounds like the MG2. The rapid fire model is the MG2 Rapid fire. There is no bullseye model that I know of and he stated the latest and greatest model. I have one myself and it is flawless.

Joel

Might want to visit matchguns website every once and a while. I know I have throughout the year

Last edited by Chris Miceli on 8/10/2018, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder on 8/9/2018, 7:39 pm

If I'm interested in the MG2 for sale and I want a "Sasquatch" size grip, how do I proceed?
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo on 8/9/2018, 9:17 pm

Who is the US Importer and can they get parts? And do I have to sell my son into slavery to get magazines?
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/9/2018, 9:57 pm

rich.tullo wrote:Who is the US Importer and can they get parts? And do I have to sell my son into slavery to get magazines?

IF you contact matchguns they give you contact for a guy in Cali . Also Neal of iss can get matchguns
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo on 8/10/2018, 5:12 am

Looks like a good price for a legendary pistol. Pretty amazing grips adjustments looking at the video. Not for me but is a good value. 

What is the barrel length and twist?
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

MG2

Post by 38Super!! on 8/10/2018, 9:12 am

Neal got out of the MatchGun business several years ago.  He got tired of sending the early production models with problems back to Italy.  He has a few parts left in inventory but that inventory is small and not replenished.  I bought the last magazines a couple of years ago.  The same is true for the AW93 parts from him.  

Parts are available from Stefano at MatchGuns (in Italy).  He takes Paypal and is very helpful and quick with sending parts and accessories via Italian Priority Post.  That takes about 4 days to the East Coast area.  

Probably no different than any other European pistol in that regard with exception of Pardini.

No MatchGuns US dealers.  Supposedly a group order was going to happen a year or two ago.  Don't know if it did.

Grips available from Dick Horton (he bought mine).  Grips for MG-2 and MG-1 are interchangeable if going from one to the other but not in reverse.  Don't remember which way works and which does not.  The .32 model grips appear the same as the .22.

Outstanding pistol if you get one of the later or more recent productions.  Early models appear to have been released before they were really ready.

Never had a problem with mine at all other than a broken extractor.  Got a replacement from Stefano as well as Neal.  

Got rid of it because I prefer the AW-93 more and the SP slightly more.

Revolutionary design including front-loading magazines.  While shooting the Metro League at NRA one evening, the shooter next to me asked me after the match why I kept changing barrels.

38Super!!

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 8/10/2018, 9:57 am

I want one, super neat looking design and very affordable compared to Pardini. Jon said he likes the trigger much better than Pardini and I seem to like triggers he likes. Maybe I can swing one next year when my money tree replenishes.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 8/10/2018, 12:28 pm

I have a MG2, very happy with the gun and the service. 

I later ordered 4 add'l magazines, don't remember the exact price, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The trigger is superb!.  I don't have the experience/ability of many on this forum, but I do own several other Euro 22/32 target pistols to compare to.  Plus, the adjustability of the gun is amazing.

Cool animated Youtube shows it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgC616CLAY

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wile E Coyote on 8/10/2018, 1:11 pm

Methinks the OP is going to be the new US importer.

Chris...the OP is in Cali and may be the guy you're referring to.

Wile E Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/10/2018, 1:23 pm

He is working on being the only US importer. He is great at customer service and has very good relationship with Stefano.
I own or have shot almost every high end.22 pistol made; both US & Euro. The MG2 will probably be my #1 match pistol after I get a grip duplicated for it. It’s not a perfect pistol, but it has potential to be one of the best. The trigger is phenomenal, it’s extremely accurate, and gives great feedback when shooting it. In training I can shoot clean 6-7 second RF targets with no extra effort. They have come a long way since I shot the first prototype in the early 90’s. I use CCI SV ammunition. The design of the pistol doesn’t make it Eley friendly. It requires more recoil/blowback to function reliably. There is a learning curve to operating the pistol. Every time I shoot my other awesome.22’s I find myself wanting to shoot the MG2! I really like them a lot.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 8/12/2018, 10:48 am

So anyone buy one yet. We need guini pigs.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 8/12/2018, 11:50 am

zanemoseley wrote:So anyone buy one yet. We need guini pigs.

Per my price post, I wasn’t very clear. This is where I purchased mine. Would purchase from him again, and would recommend.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 8/14/2018, 11:24 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
1joel1 wrote:

Joel

Might want to visit matchguns website every once and a while. I know I have throughout the year
I did. That’s where I got the info. 

I bought mine from kbc and service is superb. Additional magazines were cheap, around $25 or so. 

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/14/2018, 12:03 pm

1joel1 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:
1joel1 wrote:

Joel

I bought mine from kbc and service is superb. Additional magazines were cheap, around $25 or so. 

Joel

http://matchguns.com/en/mg-bullseye
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke on 8/14/2018, 12:56 pm

Hmm, this is very interesting... if only I didn't have too many .22 pistols already Smile
How does one mount a red dot on it? Are there dedicated scope mounts available?

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK on 8/14/2018, 1:00 pm

How can you have too many .22s??
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 8/14/2018, 1:02 pm

It looks like they can come with a short weaver rail.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke on 8/14/2018, 1:07 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:How can you have too many .22s??

That, sir, is a real mystery of life, which I'm still trying to crack. It goes like this - you buy one, you like it, you shoot it, and next thing you know, you have a whole safe full of them, Rugers, Pardini, Morini, High Standards, 1911 conversions, what have you. I was told once that it is possible to sell a gun, but I couldn't really understand what does it mean. I know the words "sell" and "gun", but together they make no sense.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 8/14/2018, 2:12 pm

javaduke wrote:Hmm, this is very interesting... if only I didn't have too many .22 pistols already Smile
How does one mount a red dot on it? Are there dedicated scope mounts available?

Jon E made my rail.

I've got quite a few 22 target pistols, and the Matchgun is really worth having. One of my top favorites. It is so unique, it was a " gotta have" for me.Laughing

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/14/2018, 2:35 pm

My Baby!
Jon

Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 8/14/2018, 4:31 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
1joel1 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:
1joel1 wrote:

Joel

Joel

http://matchguns.com/en/mg-bullseye
Well, that's new. Thanks for the update. I stand corrected. 

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum