WTS FWB 93 price modification

Go down

WTS FWB 93 price modification

Post by r.tornello on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:56 pm

pulling the current offering. Changing the gun to stock. RED DOT sightbase as an addition with the gun. Will be taking new photos and reduced price.

Last edited by r.tornello on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:08 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : will; be making changes in the offering and new photos)
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Re: WTS FWB 93 price modification

Post by LSM 124 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Well, go to http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=FITPFE and take a look at the price of a new, never been touched pistol.  Could be your price for your used pistol is a bit high, even considering the extra mags and spare parts.  Also, with only 2 posts, one listing an expensive gun for sale, no one knows you (not that I have that many posts either, but I am not trying to sell a gun).

Good luck!

I didn't notice the red dot until after I posted - maybe include this in the text of your message?

Last edited by LSM 124 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added sentence about red dot.)

LSM 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm

What size dot in the DR?
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 pm

LSM 124 wrote:Well, go to http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=FITPFE and take a look at the price of a new, never been touched pistol.  Could be your price for your used pistol is a bit high, even considering the extra mags and spare parts.  Also, with only 2 posts, one listing an expensive gun for sale, no one knows you (not that I have that many posts either, but I am not trying to sell a gun).

Good luck!

I didn't notice the red dot until after I posted - maybe include this in the text of your message?
I did mention everything shown and thank you but I did check with CC before I set my price. As far as people not knowing me I have been out of the competition arena since around 2003 or there about. I was the treasurer of the Metropolitan Pistol League for a good number of years. I got a divorce, purchased this FWB and thought I'd get back into it after I moves to VA. It was not to be. The gun is in good shape. I picked it up from Brenzovich after Don Nygord passed away who was originally selling them.

I hope that answers your questions. Regarding the dot, I have 2 different Docter sights the smaller and the larger. I can swap out one for the other.

Rick Tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Yep Sk
r.tornello wrote:
Could anyone tell me why no activity? I'm wondering why no questions or anything like that. I know it's a good weapon.I know its accurate and I know its expensive too.

THANKS,

RICK 

Rick,

The dot isn’t one I would prefer/use so it doesn’t add value.  The parts are great, but that’s not going to raise the price for me.  4 mags is fine, so I wouldn’t want a fifth.  You’re also close to NIB price, and when you factor I need a different grip, dot, it may not be the best deal over new with correct grips.  There is also the loss of  warranty, although probably not needed.   And as mentioned before, with 2 posts there is risk, even though I’m sure it’s legit.  Trying to sell as a single lot usually results in a hit in price as you may/are bundling things shooters may or may not want together.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

RED DOT REPLY

Post by r.tornello on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:What size dot in the DR?
I'm not sure which one is on there. I have 2, one small the other one 7?MOA????. It's been a while. I believe it's the smaller of the two. They are both healthy and work. I can swap out either one. I have a spare base too if that means anything.

I hope I answered your question.

Rick Tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

If I strip the sight leaving the base, what would you consider a fair price?

Post by r.tornello on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:51 pm

JayhawkNavy02 wrote:
r.tornello wrote:
Could anyone tell me why no activity? I'm wondering why no questions or anything like that. I know it's a good weapon.I know its accurate and I know its expensive too.

THANKS,

RICK 

Rick,

The dot isn’t one I would prefer/use so it doesn’t add value.
The parts/mags are great, but you’re close to NIB price when you factor I need a different grip.
So paying for a dot I don’t want and grips in the wrong size for close to new price doesn’t make sense.
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

regarding new in box.

Post by r.tornello on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Gentlemen, forgetting the Docter sight for the time being, new is $2500, 4 extra mags $360, spare parts $200+. $$ for grips would be a wash for spares and the grip could possibly be sold.

I still believe its a good price for a gun that has maybe 2+ bricks of Lapua ammo through it.

I'm going to keep it at $2500.00, or if it doesn't sell, just shoot it once in a while until I croak (I'm 68) or shake so much that I'm dangerous. Then I'll offer it up as a donation for auction at one of the local gun clubs. No hard feelings. But after looking at the original price (not cheap either) and the price today, I'm just not letting it go for any less than where I have it.

RT
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:46 pm

PM sent
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:11 am

As much as I like the simple elegance of the Pardini, that would still leave me with a gun I'm not going to shoot all that much. I would rather sell the FWB, or as I mentioned, keep it until one or another physical condition is met.

Were I to practice/train like I used to, I'd have both the FWB and the Pardini.

Thanks for the temptation. It was a mental treat and tease.

Rick Tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

I modified the price and parts

Post by r.tornello on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:PM sent
Somehow its out there for everyone to see. If you're interested let me know. $2200.00, 2 magazines, no spares, no DR Sight, Microcometer site as shown and base for DR Sight. Original box.

RT
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum