Need to add weight to conversion

Go down

Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/11/2018, 9:16 pm

right now my conversion also resides on my wad gun frame..gotta share because a new frame is really not in the budget anymore.  Anyway, any ideas on how to add some weight so my conversion feels like my wad gun with 9000sc.  I know I can’t get it right on but close would be nice.  I’m thinking maybe some steel rings for my conversion UD.  Any other idea?  Thanks gents

Joe

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/11/2018, 9:31 pm

What conversion do you own? Steel ribs are options for some brands
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2552
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/11/2018, 9:32 pm

For now the advantage arms..Nelson in the future

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by LenV on 8/11/2018, 10:49 pm

If you go with the steel rings you an add a bunch of weight. These are almost 3 times heavier then aluminum and won't break the bank. I have several sets of these now and use them on my magnum wheel guns.  NFI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30mm-Low-Profile-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-Steel-Rings-Picatinny-Weaver-Rail-SR-34/181883130760?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D53470%26meid%3D6129dfa19da4471daca40ab299c397a8%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D181883130760%26itm%3D181883130760&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ac3f0a3ab-9de1-11e8-b838-74dbd1803fb9%7Cparentrq%3A2c3a95451650aade96a18a7cfffe3e52%7Ciid%3A1

avatar
LenV

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by SMBeyer on 8/12/2018, 7:22 am

is there room between the scope and rib for stick on wheel weights?
avatar
SMBeyer

Posts : 320
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 46
Location : Southern Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 7:45 am

SMBeyer wrote:is there room between the scope and rib for stick on wheel weights?
Hmm, never thought of that.ill have a look see

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by jglenn21 on 8/12/2018, 8:45 am

Stick on wheel weights can be added underneath on the dust cover.  Have a friend who has done this for many years
avatar
jglenn21

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 70
Location : monroe , ga

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 4:22 pm

Very weird, I got some heave 1” warne rings local today and for some reason fully tightened on the AA rail they would not go tight on the rail.    Vertical split type.  I think the AA rail may be out of spec?  Or the rings are?  Could not tighten any more as the ring halves were fully against each other.  Well so much for that plan

I wonder if they are for only pic rails?  Says weaver rail but........nope

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by james r chapman on 8/12/2018, 4:27 pm

are they 30mm instead??
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2792
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by Doug Tiedt on 8/12/2018, 4:32 pm

Argh!  "Stick on wheel weights".  Couldn't remember the name of this product for the life of me...
Went to the local Ace Hardware store (that is specifically not a big box home improvement store
since I wanted actual help) and no one knew what the heck I was talking about (I described how
I used them and they were like lead ignots with an adhesive backing).  Blank stares.

I ended up buy lead tape from Amazon, which of course is not as heavy as I'd like.  Just ordered
a bunch online.  Thanks list, but where were you a month ago when I was searching for these? 
Question

Doug Tiedt

Posts : 87
Join date : 2015-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 4:44 pm

lablover wrote:Very weird, I got some heave 1” warne rings local today and for some reason fully tightened on the AA rail they would not go tight on the rail.    Vertical split type.  I think the AA rail may be out of spec?  Or the rings are?  Could not tighten any more as the ring halves were fully against each other.  Well so much for that plan

I wonder if they are for only pic rails?  Says weaver rail but........nope
Yea, I’m an idiot...amazing what happens when you RTFM.  Those vertical split rings need the bottom screws tightened down on the rail first before you tighten the top screws.never used these type,, I guess I did it correct with the UD rings but didn’t realize it.  So, the warne rings added a tiny bit of weight.  I’ll have to put the conversion on the frame and see where I’m at weight wise.  May have to add stick on wheel weights...yuk!

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 4:45 pm

Doug Tiedt wrote:Argh!  "Stick on wheel weights".  Couldn't remember the name of this product for the life of me...
Went to the local Ace Hardware store (that is specifically not a big box home improvement store
since I wanted actual help) and no one knew what the heck I was talking about (I described how
I used them and they were like lead ignots with an adhesive backing).  Blank stares.

I ended up buy lead tape from Amazon, which of course is not as heavy as I'd like.  Just ordered
a bunch online.  Thanks list, but where were you a month ago when I was searching for these? 
Question
This was hilarious

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 4:54 pm

Ok, got it on the scale with Th conversion..yikes, I need to add 7 more oz to make same weight as my wad set up.  Hmmm, maybe a new heavier scope is in the cards..or, just not worry about it..lol

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by NKF on 8/12/2018, 5:03 pm

If you have a Hobby Town or Boy Scout office.they will have some small weights for Pin Wood Derby Cars. Get some carpet tape and you are off and running.

NKF

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 5:07 pm

NKF wrote:If you have a Hobby Town or Boy Scout office.they will have some small weights for Pin Wood Derby Cars. Get some carpet tape and you are off and running.
Ewwwww
Lol

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/12/2018, 5:15 pm

Nelson rib is 7oz or so
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2552
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by lablover on 8/12/2018, 5:26 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:Nelson rib is 7oz or so
That’s an option but Nelson says hole pattern is not the same as AA. otherwise I’d be all over it

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by Jack H on 8/12/2018, 7:26 pm

lablover wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:Nelson rib is 7oz or so
That’s an option but Nelson says hole pattern is not the same as AA. otherwise I’d be all over it

Drill new holes in the rib.

I have Marvel Precision ribs drilled to fit Nelson.  Roddy did it
avatar
Jack H

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by shaky452 on 8/12/2018, 8:40 pm

I don't know if it is still available, but at one time Marvel sold a brass rail that is substantially heavier than their standard rail.  With the brass rail, 1" UltraDot and low Weaver Rings my gun weighs 46.5 oz. without a magazine. A wad gun set up the same way except for the use of a Clark aluminum rail weighs 46 oz. without a magazine.

shaky452

Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to add weight to conversion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum