Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about the type of hold to use.

3 posters

Go down

Confused about the type of hold to use. Empty Confused about the type of hold to use.

Post by Sheriff1962 Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 am

Not new to shooting , but new to BE shooting,  I am somewhat confused about the type of hold to use.  I tried both center hold and six oclock.  I heard that most BE shooters use six oclock hold at 50 and 25. I noticed that when I adjust my sights for center hold ( Beretta and 1911) , I am getting better scores at 50 yards and have way less wild shots    Haven't tried 25 yet. With center hold somehow I am concentrating better on my sights .  Would like to hear some comments .  Any words of wisdom would help.

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Confused about the type of hold to use. Empty Re: Confused about the type of hold to use.

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 am

use what works best. its all personal preference, you could even use a neck hold. you also need to give each hold a quality attempt be it a few days or months. all depends on you.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Confused about the type of hold to use. Empty Re: Confused about the type of hold to use.

Post by Sheriff1962 Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:59 pm

I was told that MOST BE shooters use six oclock,  so I was using it too. At 25 it actually works for me.  After trying center hold at 50 yards ,  I motivated to try it at 25 and stick with it for a while

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:01 pm

I strongly recommend a deep sub six hold for all beginners. You keep a pure white background behind the sights so it is much easier to see the sights and it is much easier to concentrate on the sights and ignore the bouncing black circle.

Once you are shooting Expert level scores it may be worthwhile to re-evaluate if center or 6 works for you.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Sheriff1962 wrote:I was told that MOST BE shooters use six oclock,  so I was using it too. At 25 it actually works for me.  After trying center hold at 50 yards ,  I motivated to try it at 25 and stick with it for a while
who cares what most people do?

people recommend sub 6 because the target black distracts people.

half the time i'll shoot a line of white at 50 if the lighting is good i'll shoot a center hold. Most of the time i shoot center at 25 unless its poor lighting then i'll use sub 6. My personal preference is center.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down