WTB: 2 Gun Pistol Box

Go down

WTB: 2 Gun Pistol Box

Post by Sunil P Verma on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Looking to buy 2 gun Pistol Box.  Strong used to make one but they no longer do.  I was looking for one in the style like the picture below.  If anyone knows of who still makes or sells these or would like to sell the one they own I would be interested.  Thanks.

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB: 2 Gun Pistol Box

Post by swissyhawk on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Check out precision pistol Box.  They offer a two gun box. 
https://www.precisionpistolbox.com/apps/webstore/

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm

If you find one of the TnB Strongcase you will want to make a couple of modifications. For some reason they designed the pistols in the case to be pointed at you (unless your left handed). You need only add padding to the other side. You will also have to remove about an inch of the bolt that runs through the clamp system. Sharp little bugger can really mess up any scope that rides against it. They really work great for our winter leagues.

You can still get the 2 gun direct from TnB. I know they say buy from Champions and they don't list that box. When everyone was out a couple of years ago I bought direct from them so know it can be done.

http://www.strongcasebytnb.com/frStrongRange.html
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunil P Verma on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 pm

swissyhawk wrote:Check out precision pistol Box.  They offer a two gun box. 
https://www.precisionpistolbox.com/apps/webstore/

I was looking for one like the Strong 2 Gun box but thank you for the help.

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunil P Verma on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Len wrote:You can still get the 2 gun direct from TnB. I know they say buy from Champions and they don't list that box. When everyone was out a couple of years ago I bought direct from them so know it can be done.

http://www.strongcasebytnb.com/frStrongRange.html

I did send them an email and they told me that they are no longer making the 2 gun box.

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Soon as I click on buy link for any case I get a server error, called and left msg week ago and still no response.  Hmmmmm

lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Greg with Precision Pistol Box will make it as small as you want. He has made them before where the layout is similar to the Strong Case Model you’re interested in. If your heart is set on the Strong Case Model then I wish you luck in finding one but I would strongly suggest you speak with Greg over the phone. Let him know what you want. He’ll be able to get you set up just like you need. I just had a custom layout two gun box built. It’s shipping this week and when I get it I’ll show it off on the forum. He makes a very solid box and the Jones scope mount is an excellent product.
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunil P Verma on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:Greg with Precision Pistol Box will make it as small as you want. He has made them before where the layout is similar to the Strong Case Model you’re interested in. If your heart is set on the Strong Case Model then I wish you luck in finding one but I would strongly suggest you speak with Greg over the phone. Let him know what you want. He’ll be able to get you set up just like you need. I just had a custom layout two gun box built. It’s shipping this week and when I get it I’ll show it off on the forum. He makes a very solid box and the Jones scope mount is an excellent product.

Thanks for the information.  I will call him on Monday. 

Could you tell me the layout of your 2 Gun box.  I was looking for something lower and rectangular with the top flap and not the tall 2 gun type box.  I don't think I will have much luck locating a 2 gun Strong box.

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Sunil P Verma wrote:
Tim:H11 wrote:Greg with Precision Pistol Box will make it as small as you want. He has made them before where the layout is similar to the Strong Case Model you’re interested in. If your heart is set on the Strong Case Model then I wish you luck in finding one but I would strongly suggest you speak with Greg over the phone. Let him know what you want. He’ll be able to get you set up just like you need. I just had a custom layout two gun box built. It’s shipping this week and when I get it I’ll show it off on the forum. He makes a very solid box and the Jones scope mount is an excellent product.

Thanks for the information.  I will call him on Monday. 

Could you tell me the layout of your 2 Gun box.  I was looking for something lower and rectangular with the top flap and not the tall 2 gun type box.  I don't think I will have much luck locating a 2 gun Strong box.

I’ll second the Precision Pistol Boxes.  I have a TNB and I’m going to get one!
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:00 pm

After looking at a couple of boxes pictured on Greg’s website, having my experiences with his four gun model, and my experiences with the 1608 Model Strong Case, I thought up of a layout I wanted for my box that suited my needs for the guns that I shoot and the things that I keep in my box along with my guns. This is what I asked him to make me and he pulled off exactly what I pictured in my head. It’s a two gun box. 

Last edited by Tim:H11 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunil P Verma on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:After looking at a couple of boxes pictured on Greg’s website, having my experiences with his four gun model, and my experiences with the 1608 Model Strong Case, I thought up of a layout I wanted for my box that suited my needs for the guns that I shoot and the things that I keep in my box along with my guns. This is what I asked him to make me and he pulled off exactly what I pictured in my head. It’s a two gun box.

Thanks a lot.  I appreciate the help. I will speak to Greg next week.

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm

I tried to swap Tim:H11 my 2 gun for his 4 gun last year but he wasn't having any part of it. I still wouldn't mind getting a 4 gun TnB sometime and if someone wanted to swap or something it could be possible. I want another big one because I need to have one for each hand to stay in balance. Laughing
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Jason, that's the same layout tray he's making for me only I'm getting it made a 3-gun for that 4-gun I got from you. He's making a mag holder for my plastic Nelson magazines also.
  I've got his 3-gun box that he made a 2-gun tray for. Nice lightweight and perfect for indoor shooting where some shooting benches are small, it's narrower than many other boxes.
 Sunil call him, he makes sturdy light weight boxes that'll last a long long time.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Len, your right about that balance thing, that's why my ammo and brass catcher goes in a canvas tote bag for the other arm.
 By the way, nice wood shed you got there in your avatar picture. Some day I'll figure out how to put my mug on mine, but maybe I shouldn't, it might offend nice people.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum