Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther GSP Expert Accuracy

5 posters

Go down

Walther GSP Expert Accuracy Empty Walther GSP Expert Accuracy

Post by 88keys 8/20/2018, 11:04 am

I'm an Expert level shooter and was doing some sandbag testing of the Walther GSP Expert.  At the 50 yard line the results were not as good as I would have liked (barely holding the 10 ring) in comparison to my Caspian frame Nelson conversion, which holds x-ring at 50 yards.  

Here's my dilemma. I shoot the Walther better than the Nelson, but I wish the Walther would mark better at the 50 yard line.  What size group can I expect from the Walther at 50 yards, and what ammo suggestions to achieve that?  I have used CCI Standard Velocity and Eley Target in my testing.  Thanks.

88keys

docderm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP Expert Accuracy Empty Re: Walther GSP Expert Accuracy

Post by Chris Miceli 8/20/2018, 11:23 am

Try some slower FPS ammo

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 8/20/2018, 7:04 pm

My GSP shoots 10 ring size groups with CCI and about 1.25 to 1.5” with SK standard plus. Eley Edge was even better but I’m not paying that much.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/21/2018, 7:18 am

Some/many years ago I compared 10X and CCI in a Ransom Rest at 50 yards, using my old High Standard Trophy.

10X averaged 1.1 inch
CCI was 2.8

I decided that 10 ring ammo was all I could afford to shoot, but if I ever needed a few more  points to reach an important goal, I knew where to get them.

I never got there, but if you want to shoot more X's, you might have to use better ammo.

Back to top Go down

Post by atrfod 8/21/2018, 8:05 am

I was under the impression that most of these Euro guns were designed around 25 meters and might not do so good at 50 yards.I guess it has something to do with the generally shorter 4.5" barrels?I haven't tried my GSP at 50 yet,but when I do I'll have "managed expectations".-Mike

atrfod

Back to top Go down

Post by gweber 8/21/2018, 9:16 am

I shoot a GSP Expert. It hold 1" out at 50yds with SK standard +, SK Pistol Match, Eley 10x. CCI isn't as good at 50yds. Try either one of the two sk's above. (All testing on sandbags on a cement bench).

CCI is fine for 25 unless you have a bad case. (I DO) I bought another case it shoots just fine at 25.

I personally use 10x at 50 because its inside my call. I am an Expert but have shot 880s in 22 before.

GW

gweber

Back to top Go down

Post by 88keys 8/25/2018, 2:11 pm

Thanks, all!  Slower FPS ammo was the ticket.  SK Pistol Match tight x-ring hold on sandbags at 50 yds.

88keys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down