Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix

+4
GaryWWhite
DeweyHales
Lightfoot
mhayford45
8 posters

Go down

Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix  Empty Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix

Post by mhayford45 8/29/2018, 7:49 pm

For those of you that have a AXI and find the first stage of the trigger (disconnector leaf before engagement of sear leaf) short on length of pull (Mine was very short with the stock trigger), there is a fix. The Wilson Combat Ultralight Match 190 Trigger bow is .030 shorter than the stock AXI.... providing more travel on the first stage. It required some minor fitting but was worth the time. 

After Doug Hall did a trigger job at Perry and with the Wilson trigger, I now have a very nice trigger.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix  Empty Re: Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix

Post by Lightfoot 8/30/2018, 9:24 am

So a super duper high end gun needs upgrades?  That's a little disappointing.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix  Empty Re: Accuracy X trigger - Short first stage Fix

Post by DeweyHales 8/30/2018, 10:11 am

I wouldn’t label that an upgrade. That’s a custom touch for a user. 

Pardinis and Feinwerkbaus come with trigger adjustments for a reason.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 8/30/2018, 11:07 am

Well said Dewey. 

I provided the information to assist others saving time, money and aggravation. Triggers are a very personal experience. However, most shooters I know with AXIs do have trigger jobs dones. The triggers as shipped are very good but personalization to achieve a great Trigger can be a quest.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite 9/2/2018, 7:39 am

Hi,
A little off the subject but I have just ordered an AXI and am disturbed about the trigger adjustment that had to be made.  I'm getting my pistol in 10mm and, of course, won't compete in Bullseye with that gun.  Also, I moved from a Pro Plus to a Pro as I don't need the 10X accuracy at 50 yards.  Just wondering if you can give me some input on your overall outlook on the AXI and if any other problems or concerns.  
Thanks!
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin 9/2/2018, 7:57 am

Some people prefer an ultra short first stage and reset. My old school Giles and Shockey are both set up like that, so it stands to reason that a lot of shooters like that feel.

I don't think you should be worried that some shooters need to change the out-of the box trigger to get it feeling the way they want. If you are in this game for a long time, you get super specific and picky about how you want your trigger to feel, and it can be hard to describe or quantify in a way that a smith can replicate without a lot of back-and-forth conversation and adjustments.

So again, I wouldn't worry about the trigger. Especially if you aren't going to shoot bullseye with it. Its going to have a trigger better than what you get on a Kimber or other mass-produced 1911.

Besides, its a 10mm, you are going to be too busy taming that monster recoil and blowing craters into targets to worry about trigger pre-travel or length of sear engagement...

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkOue 9/2/2018, 7:58 am

Gentlemen,

Have you called Steve Huff of Accuracy X to discuss the issue or should I say, your desires?  I own more than one AXI pistol and have called Steve on occasion to discuss triggers.  Steve has adjusted my triggers to my liking on several occasions.  Always without charge. 

Once I had a problem with a gun.  There was nothing wrong with the gun except that I couldn’t shoot it reliably with my handloads.  You Master’s probably would have never experienced a problem with it.  Anyway, Steve paid shipping both ways, resolved the problem, and had the gun back to me in 10 calendar days.  No charge for that either. 

Steve builds a great gun, and his customer service is at the highest level in this small industry of custom target 1911’s.  Give him a call if you have concerns with your AXI gun.

Accuracy X 540-797-4833.

MarkOue

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 9/2/2018, 8:03 am

You can explain what type of feel you want in a trigger but you will not know if it's right for you until you get the gun in your hand, then you can make the final adjustments.  What's a short roll to you make seem like a mile long to me.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid 9/2/2018, 10:10 am

I'm a Accuracy-X owner and I'm extremely happy with my wadgun and Steve Huff is excellent to talk to. As already stated triggers are a very personal thing I wouldn't have any reservations about a AXI purchase
                                                                                                                             Skid

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 9/2/2018, 7:13 pm

I did discuss the trigger modification I wanted for the first stage with Steve. His response was "Per the trigger, everyone has their idea of what a "perfect"  trigger should be. We set our triggers up with a crisp break unless directed by our customers that they would prefer a roll. The vast majority of our customers love our standard trigger set up. But there is no such thing as a one size fits all when it comes to triggers and competitive shooters."

I agree with Steves explanation and sought my own solution.

I had several other issues with the gun and sent it back after Camp Perry. Steve, fixed everything to my satisfaction. His customer service is excellent. 

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite 9/2/2018, 8:32 pm

MarkOue wrote:Gentlemen,

Have you called Steve Huff of Accuracy X to discuss the issue or should I say, your desires?  I own more than one AXI pistol and have called Steve on occasion to discuss triggers.  Steve has adjusted my triggers to my liking on several occasions.  Always without charge. 

Once I had a problem with a gun.  There was nothing wrong with the gun except that I couldn’t shoot it reliably with my handloads.  You Master’s probably would have never experienced a problem with it.  Anyway, Steve paid shipping both ways, resolved the problem, and had the gun back to me in 10 calendar days.  No charge for that either. 

Steve builds a great gun, and his customer service is at the highest level in this small industry of custom target 1911’s.  Give him a call if you have concerns with your AXI gun.

Accuracy X 540-797-4833.

Hi,
I have talked to Steve a few times and e-mailed him a lot.  He is very kind, considerate and professional.  That is why I am having him build me one of his pistols.  I really like the feedback regarding AXI's customer service and assumed it would be so after communicating with Steve.  I was going to add that the only experience I've had with triggers was from a Wilson Combat I own.  One of folks commented on how really picky some of the Bullseye shooters can be regarding how they want their trigger.  Honestly, I have not shot my first Bullseye match yet and will be lucky to stay on the paper.  I won't be using Steve's gun for that as I am going to get it in 10mm and use it as my EDC.  I'm not that competitive but do have a pretty accurate Wilsonized Springfield Armory TRP with a trigger close to the Wilson that I'm going to try this game with.  I probably will shoot a lot of PPC and some Steel Challenge more than anything but really want to try Precision Shooting to really hone my shooting skills.  
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down