Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question

+3
LenV
Chris Miceli
SW-52
7 posters

Go down

Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question Empty Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question

Post by SW-52 9/4/2018, 8:51 am

hi, i want to know what is the advantage of marvel steel slide vs aluminum slide. about the barrels,is good deal buy one barrel with a test group ".3-.4" or better buy standard barrel and send for reline?
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question Empty Re: Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question

Post by Chris Miceli 9/4/2018, 9:14 am

recoil impulse. You will never be able to reproduce those groups that come with the barrel...well i couldn't trying several barrels. Also they are 5 shot groups which is a joke 

If you want a steel slide marvel is the only way to go. for an aluminum slide i would pick nelson

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question Empty Re: Marvel conversion unit barrel and slide question

Post by SW-52 9/4/2018, 9:47 am

Chris Miceli wrote:recoil impulse. You will never be able to reproduce those groups that come with the barrel...well i couldn't trying several barrels. Also they are 5 shot groups which is a joke 

If you want a steel slide marvel is the only way to go. for an aluminum slide i would pick nelson
thanks chris!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/4/2018, 10:12 am

SW-52 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:recoil impulse. You will never be able to reproduce those groups that come with the barrel...well i couldn't trying several barrels. Also they are 5 shot groups which is a joke 

thanks chris!
also can't use colt mags with nelson if you were wondering.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 9/4/2018, 10:21 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
SW-52 wrote:

thanks chris!
very interesting detail chris. with lockback marvel can be use??
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/4/2018, 10:45 am

SW-52 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:
SW-52 wrote:

thanks chris!
very interesting detail chris. with lockback marvel can be use??
Got to be modified. Marvel inserts a little nub into the mag
follower on gsg mags

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/4/2018, 11:09 am

Will GSG mags work on a Nelson? I Was thinking about getting some for mine so I can put different grips on the frame. Nelson mags are so wide on the base they won't fit 90% of my grips.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 9/4/2018, 11:12 am

I have several GSG magazines. They all work fine in my 3 Nelsons...........
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/4/2018, 11:16 am

LenV wrote:Will GSG mags work on a Nelson? I Was thinking about getting some for mine so I can put different grips on the frame. Nelson mags are so wide on the base they won't fit 90% of my grips.

Len
nelson built their mags to feed the round a little higher than the other brands. could file/and the mag base?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/4/2018, 11:30 am

The way the base is made the strength comes from its thickness. I took as much off as I dared with a belt sander but that wasn't much. The grips that are on my Nelson I had to take a Dremal tool and expand them a bunch. No way could I get Herrett Nationals on the pistol. Sorry OP..
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 9/4/2018, 1:02 pm

I purchased a steel lockback Marvel.  It shot good but I did not like the recoil feel.
I stay with Nelson and the latest AA units. 

One problem I had with the steel unit at first was the slide stop piece raised up only half way into the slide stop notch.  The notch deformed  from the half engaged stop piece.  I fretted with this a long time until I realized the stop opening in the Les Baer frame was a bit small.  I filed a little off the top of the stop and all was well except for the bugger on the slide notch.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 9/4/2018, 2:03 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
SW-52 wrote:

thanks chris!
I beg to differ. Currently running 1 Nelson and 2 Marvel conversions. Am using 5 different Colt mags and 3 Nelson mags interchangeably with all 3 conversions. Doesn't make a difference which lower I use. Have 1 dedicated 22 lower (usually on the Nelson) and 2 wad gun lowers ( 1-springfield, 1-Caspian) that I've used with all 3 conversions without feeding issues. CCI sv is primary ammo.

Last edited by Al on 9/4/2018, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 9/4/2018, 2:05 pm

I easily milled my Nelson mags to fit into my Nationals.
A little off the inside of the grips helps too.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 9/4/2018, 3:55 pm

very interesting post of MR Keefer about .22lr barrels and a custom marvel barrel  

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t5110-differences-in-22-barrels
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down