Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.38 wadcutter update. Up and running

4 posters

Go down

.38 wadcutter update. Up and running Empty .38 wadcutter update. Up and running

Post by orpheoet Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Well, 2.8gr Bullseye was the ticket. I ran 40 rounds through it without incident. In fact the split lip magazine that came with it even works with this setup. Previously only the 2nd generation magazine was dependable. I expect I'll have no issues when I get the 1" dot back. I removed the Beckelhymer(sp?) grips and put a wide thumb safety on it and its ready to go. Thanks all. PS, these magazine are pretty old, eventually I assume I'll have to replace the springs. Can I get them from somewhere?

.38 wadcutter update. Up and running Fullsi11
.38 wadcutter update. Up and running Fullsi12

Last edited by orpheoet on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : omission)
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

.38 wadcutter update. Up and running Empty Re: .38 wadcutter update. Up and running

Post by troystaten Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Nice, I am sure you said who made this one in an earlier post but if not who did make it. 

thanks

troystaten

Back to top Go down

.38 wadcutter update. Up and running Empty Re: .38 wadcutter update. Up and running

Post by orpheoet Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:02 am

troystaten wrote:Nice, I am sure you said who made this one in an earlier post but if not who did make it. 

thanks
I wish I knew!
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:10 am

Most 38 special magazine springs are too heavy in the first place. If they function 100% of the time leave them alone Wink
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 pm

David,
This is the only know to me source for magazine   - https://www.triplek.com/product/colt-gold-cup-38-special-5-rd/

I got one for my Colt MKIII Special Mid-Range there, and had to do a little be filing and polishing to make it work.  As for replacing springs - these magazines use cylindrical conventional springs.  I suggest you contact Wolff, provide them with parameters of the spring you have - OD, ID, length, diameter of wire and number of coils, and, I'm sure, the will find something comparable for you.

2.8gr of BE under 148gr Remington HBWC is indeed load that I use in Colt MKIII and both M52s.  I had to modify recoil spring in Colt to run this load reliably.

AP

Last edited by PhotoEscape on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information.)
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 pm

I picked up another Colt  NOT split lip magazine off ebay for about $80. Fingers crossed that its as good as the one I have.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down