SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Go down

SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Roddy Toyota on 9/20/2018, 6:24 pm

1977 S&W Model 14-4, 6" Pinned Barrel, Target Hammer, Target Trigger, 2.5+# Single Action Trigger Let-off, Extra Set of Hogue Monogrips.  Proper Factory box with Factory Tools and S&W Screw Driver, Factory Owner's Manual and other paperwork.  Purchased from original owner in 2002 and has sat in safe since.  Slight bluing wear in a couple places, has been shot but very little.  Very tight action.  Great Distinguished Revolver handgun.  Asking $650.00; plus actual shipping to your FFL.






Last edited by Roddy Toyota on 9/21/2018, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Roddy Toyota

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Sc0 on 9/21/2018, 3:19 am

Sent a pm, am interested in it.

Sc0

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-12-29
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by rich.tullo on 9/21/2018, 6:17 am

You are selling it $300 under market easy for that gun with original box and papers.
avatar
rich.tullo

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Roddy Toyota on 9/21/2018, 12:28 pm

Rich said "You are selling it $300 under market easy for that gun with original box and papers."


Others have told me the same thing.  I'm quite aware that I could sell the M14 for more $$$$, but I'm not a "used car salesman" and not in the habit of overcharging fellow bullseye shooters.


Cheers,
Roddy
avatar
Roddy Toyota

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by rich.tullo on 9/21/2018, 12:38 pm

Spectacular deal I wish I had a permit. I just wanted you to know you are selling something really special that has tremendous value. And I am sure she has a spectacular trigger as well.
avatar
rich.tullo

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by mdlmaker on 9/21/2018, 1:24 pm

pm sent

mdlmaker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-04-28
Location : WA

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by joy2shoot on 9/21/2018, 2:25 pm

Roddy Toyota wrote: ... I'm not ... in the habit of overcharging fellow bullseye shooters.


Cheers,
Roddy

joy2shoot

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-08-02
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Roddy Toyota on 9/21/2018, 2:53 pm

Sold to the first person that responded.

Cheers,
Roddy
avatar
Roddy Toyota

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by james r chapman on 9/21/2018, 7:30 pm

joy2shoot wrote:
Roddy Toyota wrote: ... I'm not ... in the habit of overcharging fellow bullseye shooters.


Cheers,
Roddy
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2830
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Multiracer on 9/21/2018, 7:57 pm

This I respect, Thank you sir.
Ron

Roddy Toyota wrote:Rich said "You are selling it $300 under market easy for that gun with original box and papers."


Others have told me the same thing.  I'm quite aware that I could sell the M14 for more $$$$, but I'm not a "used car salesman" and not in the habit of overcharging fellow bullseye shooters.


Cheers,
Roddy

Multiracer

Posts : 566
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by mikemyers on 9/22/2018, 11:14 am

Roddy Toyota wrote:1977 S&W Model 14-4, 6" Pinned Barrel, Target Hammer, Target Trigger, 2.5+# Single Action Trigger Let-off......
Quick question - did all the S&W Model 14-4 revolvers include these features, or was this a special target model?
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by james r chapman on 9/22/2018, 11:31 am

mikemyers wrote:
Roddy Toyota wrote:1977 S&W Model 14-4, 6" Pinned Barrel, Target Hammer, Target Trigger, 2.5+# Single Action Trigger Let-off......
Quick question - did all the S&W Model 14-4 revolvers include these features, or was this a special target model?
Included. Other options include smooth triggers,
Yes. It was a special tatget model.
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2830
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by mikemyers on 9/22/2018, 9:57 pm

Since the gun is sold, I hope nobody minds if I ask here.  Had I seen this ad, I'd have bought it to replace my old Model 28 Highway Patrolman.  Since I missed it, I started looking around this morning, and found another one for sale.  It's not in the same condition as the one advertised here, and it doesn't come with all the "collectables", but it would only be for the pleasure of shooting it, without having to feel "serious".  Any reason not to buy it?  The price is higher of course, but it's affordable.  I will know more on Monday.
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Doug Tiedt on 9/24/2018, 7:36 pm

mikemyers wrote:Since the gun is sold, I hope nobody minds if I ask here.  Had I seen this ad, I'd have bought it to replace my old Model 28 Highway Patrolman.  Since I missed it, I started looking around this morning, and found another one for sale.  It's not in the same condition as the one advertised here, and it doesn't come with all the "collectables", but it would only be for the pleasure of shooting it, without having to feel "serious".  Any reason not to buy it?  The price is higher of course, but it's affordable.  I will know more on Monday.

If you're looking for someone to talk you out of buying a gun, I think you are in the wrong place.

Doug Tiedt

Posts : 91
Join date : 2015-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by mikemyers on 9/24/2018, 8:39 pm

Doug Tiedt wrote:
If you're looking for someone to talk you out of buying a gun, I think you are in the wrong place.

You're so right!

I went looking, for either 6" or preferably 8" barrel, and found an auction closing in two hours.  
I've never bought from Gunbroker before.
I had an account from years ago, but never used it.
Anyway, this is what I ended up with:
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/785827116

Gunbroker is a dangerous addiction.  I think I'll stay away from it.  

(Note: this gun is just to enjoy shooting, for its own sake.  I still enjoy shooting my Bullseye guns, but lately it's more "work" than "fun".)
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by james r chapman on 9/24/2018, 8:41 pm

Oh my..
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2830
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by zanemoseley on 9/24/2018, 9:42 pm

Yup, that'll do. If I was smart I'd delete the GB app from my phone, and quit drinking beer. But, I don't have plans to do either lol.

zanemoseley

Posts : 855
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by rich.tullo on 9/25/2018, 6:56 am

mikemyers wrote:Since the gun is sold, I hope nobody minds if I ask here.  Had I seen this ad, I'd have bought it to replace my old Model 28 Highway Patrolman.  Since I missed it, I started looking around this morning, and found another one for sale.  It's not in the same condition as the one advertised here, and it doesn't come with all the "collectables", but it would only be for the pleasure of shooting it, without having to feel "serious".  Any reason not to buy it?  The price is higher of course, but it's affordable.  I will know more on Monday.


M28s are nice really any S&W with a 5 or 6 inch barrel is good for BE. People like the M14 because it is 38 special only. I have a M19 and it is excellent, 19-4 or lower is optimal. I would go with the M19 or  or a M66 and make sure the forcing cone is 100%. 

Alternatively an old 586 is a good choice. In the New market the 627 CS is nice but some may need crown work but they point. 

Both will be cheaper than the M28 which are awesome but the prices are going up. 


RT
avatar
rich.tullo

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by mikemyers on 9/25/2018, 7:53 am

In addition to my Model 28 Highway Patrolman, I've got a Model 19, but it has 2 1/2" barrel, for a very short sight radius.

The more I read, the less likely I am to buy any new gun from S&W.  .....or any of the main brands.
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by lyman1903 on 9/25/2018, 2:50 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Yup, that'll do. If I was smart I'd delete the GB app from my phone, and quit drinking beer. But, I don't have plans to do either lol.
lol! lol!

lyman1903

Posts : 157
Join date : 2017-12-26
Location : Beach Va, not Va Beach

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLD....WTS: S&W M14-4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum