Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At local gun shop..what did I find? Conversion

+8
zanemoseley
Tim:H11
SmokinNJokin
Al
apipeguy
Aprilian
weber1b
lablover
12 posters

Go down

At local gun shop..what did I find?  Conversion  Empty At local gun shop..what did I find? Conversion

Post by lablover Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:12 pm

saw this at a local gun shop.  Looks like a Wilson conversion?  STI lower and upper says Wilson custom.  Anyone know what this is?  AND, is it worth a hoot?  Trigger is pretty awesome.

At local gun shop..what did I find?  Conversion  660ebe10
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

At local gun shop..what did I find?  Conversion  Empty Re: At local gun shop..what did I find? Conversion

Post by weber1b Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Heck, if you like the trigger, the lower could just about be worth that price.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

At local gun shop..what did I find?  Conversion  Empty Re: At local gun shop..what did I find? Conversion

Post by Aprilian Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:08 pm

a quick google search yielded this link
Marvel?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes, I did google it after I asked.  Seems like a marvel unit2?  Probably not bullseye quality.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by apipeguy Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:18 pm

A friend sold his Wilson Conversion not too long ago for 350, I’m guessing that really is a good price but most likely not precise enough for bullseye.
apipeguy
apipeguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Just looking at the slide stop, my first guess was an older Marvel, non lock-back version. But, then I looked at the full length guide rod. Seems to be full sized, not the 3/16" that Marvel uses on the Unit 1's, which are the only model I have any experience with. So, I have no idea, other than the lower is worth that in and of itself. I'd grab it.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:39 pm

It was non lock back. Drafts, I thought I found something special...lol
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:57 pm

The lower is totally worth that. STI good quality parts.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I’d buy it just for the lower and sell the upper for what ever came my way.

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:24 pm

For me it kind of depends on if the trigger parts are decent or junk. If they're decent you might be able to get $150-$200 for the upper conversion so you would have a good deal on the lower, now if you gotta gut the lower and put in all new parts it won't be as attractive.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:50 pm

I agree with all the above.  Not sure what quality STI is.  Not really in the market at the time but thought I had found some hidden gem.  Lol. I will say the place had a ton of les Baer 1911as well as other custom 1911’s

Walked out with a new scope base for my MKIV.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Quick search of Brownell's says the stripped frame in white is $300.  Like others have said not sure the quality of STI but if they are any good might be worth reconsidering it for a base to build from.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:08 pm

STI frames are pretty good. Rails are some times a bit small for a new slide.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 am

What shop? Name , city etc  Thanks

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 am

I guess I could put my AA conversion on the lower?  I’d love to tear it apart and see the guts.  Pretty sure they would not allow that
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by BJR Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Post or PM name, location, phone number etc of gun shop and if it has not already sold I’ll buy it
Thx

BJR

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Mich I gun. In Michigan.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down