Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DR trigger/Hammer change

4 posters

Go down

DR trigger/Hammer change Empty DR trigger/Hammer change

Post by estuck Wed 10 Oct - 15:08

Just picked up a S&W 14-1. It has the standard trigger/hammer. My question is can they be switched for the target style (wide) hammer/trigger as long as they are S&W factory parts? Looking at the rules the way I interpret them is as long as they are factory parts that came on that model you can, but I want to be sure. I have no history on the gun.

estuck

Back to top Go down

DR trigger/Hammer change Empty Re: DR trigger/Hammer change

Post by james r chapman Wed 10 Oct - 15:35

Way I see it also.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle Wed 10 Oct - 17:23

"Any trigger, sold by the manufacturer of the revolver, without modification, may be used."

I see no provision in the rules for swapping the hammer.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Wed 10 Oct - 21:11

The revolver rules are ambiguous, at best.  I would focus on the part of the rule that allows the revolver as manufactured by the factory of origin.  Since Model 14's were made with target triggers/target hammers as a matter of course, I, as a match director, would not have a problem with you presenting a revolver in such a configuration.  I would not even ask if you had changed out the hammer or trigger, since it could have come that way from the factory.

The only thing I check on revolvers, especially Model 14's, is that it still has double action capability, since Smith & Wesson did produce some 14's in single action only, that the trigger block is still installed, that is has the correct barrel length, and that it lifts 2 and half pounds.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down