Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want...

4 posters

Go down

Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want... Empty Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want...

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:12 pm

I have an old custom 1911 (70's vintage) that has an awesome long, like a mile long roll trigger. It's too worn out to use as a .45 and doesn't work with my marvel at all.

I spent all day switching the hammer, sear and disconnect into my match gun....The roll is gone, now it's crispish. Function is iffy, the pull doesn't feel consitent...the thumb safety doesn't work at all. UGH!! Time to put everything back...

It's weird how some parts don't work from one gun to another. I'm just learning about the basics of 1911 assembly and parts interchange. I'm not really looking for advice...more venting. Maybe share a similar story?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want... Empty Re: Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want...

Post by Larry Lang Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Eli Whitney is credited with the manufacturing process that allowed complete rifles to be assembled from boxes full of partses.

It took match gun smiths to overcome that superstition.
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want... Empty Re: Oh Crap...To get the trigger I want in the gun I want...

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 pm

The reason it took all day was because I was trying every combination possible to get a slightly different outcome, but never a good one, then switching everything back to the way it was....

Good one Larry...if this was like facebook I would have clicked "like"
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Rob I had suspicions that your combination from the old worn out gun was perhaps a combination of being an old worn out gun and parts that would not produce the same outcome in an frame of good quality and correct size (and round) pin holes. That gun had a very long roll, likely not a designed roll but wear.

I have a Marine corps set from Cyliner & Slide that might get you satisfactory results. I do not think we can duplicate the roll you had. But I am wiling to try!

Did I tell you your receiver is here?
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 pm

WooHooo!

Do you have any hammer struts in stock? I'd like to have 2 working guns when we are done. Since we replaced that unusual mainspring, the hammer isn't under spring tension when it goes home on the BPS Shadow.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KC's Kustom Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 am

Joe & Rob,

I have a hammer that would give that long roll trigger. Also you could check out Chuck Warners hammer & sear set. Warnerpistols.com or you can get in touch with me.

KC

843-267-3773

www.kcskustomcreations.com
KC's Kustom
KC's Kustom

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

The whole time I've been farting around with these things, I'm thinking...
1. I should just send these off to KC
2. I bet KC would know why this isn't working the way I thought it would.
3. Once I posted it I thought "I hope KC doesn't read this post, then he will KNOW how clueless I am..." :-)

I'm going to need 2 hammers, One a wide spur for my Ball/Wad gun, and the other a skeletonized commander hammer for the .22 marvel lower I am assembling. I'll call you later. Thanks for chiming in!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down