Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the Love Affair with the 32 died?

+3
desben
zanemoseley
fc60
7 posters

Go down

Has the Love Affair with the 32 died? Empty Has the Love Affair with the 32 died?

Post by fc60 Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Greetings,

Surfing the "BaloneyNet", I was surprised to find that brass and bullets for the 32's are in short supply.

The only 32ACP brass I could find was StarLine.

With the 32 S&W Long, StarLine and Lapua only. No Remington.

Moving on to the 32ACP Hornady XTP bullets (60 and 85 grain), most vendors are sold out and the comment is "Seasonal Run".

Could not find much choice in 32 HBWC bullets. Lapua 98 is available; but, no Speer. Speer is often quoted as "Seasonal Run", also.

Lots of cast bullets for those that like them.

I did find several Brands of commercially loaded ammo. Lapua, MagTech, Fiocchi, S&B, and GECO. The GECO website listed several shops near me and I will have to ask if they can order some in.

Commercial ammo always shoots X-ring at 50 yards, yes?

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Has the Love Affair with the 32 died? Empty Re: Has the Love Affair with the 32 died?

Post by zanemoseley Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Is the Baloneynet a code name for Al Gore's interwebs lol.

On your recommendation I picked up 425 pieces of new Remington brass off Gunbroker. Can't find any more though.

The Speer Plinkers are a pain to find. I finally located 700 of them and snatched them up so I can use them on my swaging setup I ordered. Dillon told me they expect the next production run in December. I'll be picking up a few thousand so I don't run out for some time.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Has the Love Affair with the 32 died? Empty Re: Has the Love Affair with the 32 died?

Post by desben Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 am

A few local shooters use the supposedly excellent H&N 32 HBWC bought from Cibles Canada Targets. The rumor around these parts is that the owner Jocelyn won't be importing them anymore: too much paperwork and hassle.

In a few years' time, reloaders may have to rely on cast bullets for the 32 S&W Long...
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:51 am

after i win this 1.6 billion lottery i'll be sure to manufacture them

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 am

Chris Miceli wrote:after i win this 1.6 billion lottery i'll be sure to manufacture them
Along with funding Larry Nelson's 32 ACP conversion?

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 am

Dcforman wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:after i win this 1.6 billion lottery i'll be sure to manufacture them
Did you say Chris Miceli's 32 acp conversion ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 am

Lol, I've got 5 number for the 1.6 billion drawing. I'll be sure to fund both the .32 conversion and start swaging good .32 bullets.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 am

Hornady had superb .314  90 gr hbwc, they are no more. Anyone have their ear?

Speers are dimensionally random and led to spectacular long line wins and crashes.

Commercial ammo I found was 312, might as well throw rocks from a 314 barrel. Brand W , what were you thinking?

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:36 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
Dcforman wrote:
Did you say Chris Miceli's 32 acp conversion ?
Ha ha. Nice...

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

I called Speer a couple months ago, asked if they had any intention of stopping, or reducing production of the Plinker bullet. They said no, that production was based on demand, although sometime a little slow to react.

I think that as many have realized how accurate the Plinker is out of the box (particularly the SL), and how easily it can be “bumped’ to a superb LL bullet, that availability is temporarily in short supply. I bought 9k last time from Dillon, probably didn't help any.pig

T&B offers an excellent, and inexpensive lead SWC for ACP, and is currently experimenting with a coated bullet which might be even better. 

It seems there are substantially more posts/threads re: the 32 recently than in the past, at least since I joined, so I would posit the love affair is growing❤️

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down