Salyer Wad gun for trade.

Go down

Salyer Wad gun for trade.

Post by Tim:H11 on 10/23/2018, 7:15 am

Salyer Wad gun. Springfield Armory M1911-A1 Mil Spec turned wad gun by David Salyer. Not his trigger work though. Has a Harrison sear, EGW hammer, Colt sear spring, Kensight sharkskin grips, Kart Barrel, Kart barrel bushing, Clark scope base. Two mags. 3.75# crisp trigger. Shoot nice. Has served briefly as a backup gun. I had the idea of turning it into a service pistol but last night after going over some dimensions and what sights I had and leaving the scope base holes visiable I decided to just go with a porposely made iron sighted pistol. 

I’d like to trade this gun for a service pistol if anyone has one to trade and needs a wad gun. I’d like a 1911 in 45 with irons for CMP matches. Please no box stock range officers. If it’s been rebarreled by a professional then yes, or if it’s a Colt Gold Cup National Match then I’d consider it. Thank you. 

Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Re: Salyer Wad gun for trade.

Post by Chris Miceli on 10/23/2018, 9:10 am

xdm 9mm?
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by buttstock on 10/25/2018, 6:38 pm

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1683

Maybe this Rock River Arms combo sight/ base is an option for you to use on your current 1911. Not sure if it is legal or not for a hardball gun.  You will need to work your trigger to get it to min weight spec of 4 lbs ( I’ve been out of bullseye loop for a bit with a shoulder rehab- not sure what current regs specify).

Just a thought for you.  Hope it helps.

buttstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on 10/25/2018, 6:42 pm

buttstock wrote:https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1683

Maybe this Rock River Arms combo sight/ base is an option for you to use on your current 1911. Not sure if it is legal or not for a hardball gun.  You will need to work your trigger to get it to min weight spec of 4 lbs ( I’ve been out of bullseye loop for a bit with a shoulder rehab- not sure what current regs specify).

Just a thought for you.  Hope it helps.

Not CMP legal but thank you very much for thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by buttstock on 10/25/2018, 9:50 pm

I definitely defer a shooter with your bullseye success, but reading through the camp service pistol rules, I don’t see where the Rock River sight mount makes it illegal.  It does not have a expanding front sight (fixed front sight).

Just curious, what makes it “ illegal” for a CMP service pistol competition?  CMP made a lot of allowances for service pistol ( beaver tail , ambi safety, different hammers allowed etc.  Why is it illegal for a CMP match?
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf?ver=04032018

buttstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on 10/25/2018, 10:47 pm

buttstock wrote:I definitely defer a shooter with your bullseye success, but reading through the camp service pistol rules, I don’t see where the Rock River sight mount makes it illegal.  It does not have a expanding front sight (fixed front sight).

Just curious, what makes it “ illegal” for a CMP service pistol competition?  CMP made a lot of allowances for service pistol ( beaver tail , ambi safety, different hammers allowed etc.  Why is it illegal for a CMP match?
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf?ver=04032018

So in Rule 4.2.1 it lists "CMP Service Pistol Requirements". Scroll down to section "F" of that rule and it says 

"Pistols may be match conditioned, provided there are no external alterations or modifications that are not specifically approved in this rule or Rule 4.2.2"

So if we look at 4.2.2 and it says "Approved Service Pistol Modifications" - Keep in mind, if it's not on this list, it's not allowed. And what we are looking for is anything that mentions a full length rib or sight rib of any kind. s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum