WTB Cheap Browning Buckmark wood grips-please delete

Go down

WTB Cheap Browning Buckmark wood grips-please delete

Post by hp246 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm trying to work through a hand injury.  I can't grip my Walther GSP right now.  I picked up a used Browning Buckmark slab side reasonably at my local gun dealer.  The grip seems to be about right but I need to do some butcher work on the right side grip so that my injured pointer finger/trigger finger goes around the grip properly without causing discomfort.  I'd rather not butcher the grips on the gun.  If someone has a set of takeoffs laying around they'd like to part with let me know.  They need to be wood so I can sand and fill accordingly.  Thanks.

Last edited by hp246 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

hp246

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB Cheap Browning Buckmark wood grips-please delete

Post by bdas on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:30 am

You didn't say which grip frame your Buckmark has (standard/UFX, or URX, or UDX), so I'm assuming that you have a standard/UFX grip frame.  If you don't find anyone with some laying around, the cheapest UFX wood grips I see are these Altamont's at handgungrips.com for $35.

If you don't know what type of grip frame you have, you can read about them (including how to figure out which grip frame you have just by looking at the gun) in the grip frames section of my Buckmark page.  If you have trouble, you can post a photo (or a link to pics of the same model), and I can tell you which one it is.

My Buckmark page also has a list of vendors selling Buckmark grips, plus a few other things about Buckmarks.

On a different tack, have you tried shooting with your other hand?  I shot lefty for several months when I injured my right elbow; it was both entertaining and educational.

Dave

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:11 am

bdas wrote:You didn't say which grip frame your Buckmark has (standard/UFX, or URX, or UDX), so I'm assuming that you have a standard/UFX grip frame.  If you don't find anyone with some laying around, the cheapest UFX wood grips I see are these Altamont's at handgungrips.com for $35.

If you don't know what type of grip frame you have, you can read about them (including how to figure out which grip frame you have just by looking at the gun) in the grip frames section of my Buckmark page.  If you have trouble, you can post a photo (or a link to pics of the same model), and I can tell you which one it is.

My Buckmark page also has a list of vendors selling Buckmark grips, plus a few other things about Buckmarks.

On a different tack, have you tried shooting with your other hand?  I shot lefty for several months when I injured my right elbow; it was both entertaining and educational.

Dave

Dave,  Thank you for the information.  I was unaware that Browning used multiple grip frames for this gun.  It explains why some of the grips I've looked at are different.  I looking at your page, I believe I have the standard UFX grip frame.  As for shooting left handed, no I really don't want to do that.  There is actually a physical therapy component to why I want to continue shooting with my right hand.

Mike

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Found one.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down