Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmation Code: Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc.

2 posters

Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Confirmation Code: Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc.

Post by saltydog452 10/29/2018, 12:42 am

I have been a member for several years as saltydog452.  Now can't log in or request new password.  Bot also does not recognize email address.

It's not possible to have a conversation with the bot.

Thanks,

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Re: Confirmation Code: Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc.

Post by willnewton 10/29/2018, 3:46 am

But it looks like your post was made with you logged in.

Can you send me a PM or email and we can get it straight if you are having trouble.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Re: Confirmation Code: Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc.

Post by saltydog452 10/29/2018, 8:05 am

Wierd, but I can still use the Silk search engine in Kindle to get to the Forum.  No so with Android. Through Android Forum will not allow me to retrieve past (2013) password and web address that I was using then.  I don't recall either.
The last time I signed out of the Forum (2013) or so. I had the presence to click on the 'remember me' option at sign out.  That is how I was able to make a post and ask for help in resolving this five year absence.I
Not sure how to navigate this new format.  I need to send you current e-mail address and request a coded password.

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Reply to Willnewton and Admin

Post by saltydog452 10/30/2018, 12:47 am

I can try to offer a n accurate & brief answer.  Back in 2013 I asked bot to keep me signed in.  It did. But still can not retrieve original password and email addy. Through this Kindle is the only way that I post\inquire. Original password and email addy used needed for desktop or android to communicate.  Unable to access\exchange password without knowing old password and historical address.  Format has changed and confirmation and bot message access unable to locate on this format.  Rather not open broadcast my contact information exept through Private Message.  That door seems elusive.  Where is the dang thing?  Maybe I can contact an Admin to retrieve old password and address.
I hope that is a bit clearer than mud.

Last edited by saltydog452 on 10/30/2018, 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell bot and I do not intuitive very well.)

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/30/2018, 8:58 am

Look under the user name and info that accompanies a posting.  There is a button with a little head and “MP”.  Click that button to send that person a message.

To see if you have a private message, look at the top right of the screen and it will tell you. I have sent you a message and if you click there, it will take you to the messaging system, which works like email for the users here. We can work out your login issue privately and get you sorted out.

Will
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Magnification is your friend

Post by saltydog452 10/30/2018, 9:57 am

Thanks for the location information.  I also appreciate the magnification ability of the Kindle. 

I have been stumbling over words while trying to explain how I was able to gain entry with Kindle but not Android or desktop.  Don't know if I was successful or not.  As soon as I get my old password I can try to gain entry without having to depend on a several year old 'remember me'.

Thanks again,

salty

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Thanks to willnewton

Post by saltydog452 10/31/2018, 7:53 am

Title sums it up very well.  Thanks Mr.Newton

From Kindle

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Thanks again.

Post by saltydog452 10/31/2018, 7:58 am

Title pretty much sums it up.

ThanksMr.Newton

From android.  Now both electronic leashes work from the same sheet of misic

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/31/2018, 8:00 am

Hi Salty, I haven’t done much yet.  I sent you a second Pm asking you what your preferred email address was so I can get your password stuff straight.  Do you use the gmail or hotmail address?
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Confirmation Code:  Where is it located?..How is it received?...etc. Empty Thanks

Post by saltydog452 11/1/2018, 6:39 am

I used the g mail addy.  Also the password was changed.

Knowing where the private msg was located allowed me to speak without broadcasting.

Now if I can only get those fine souls over at rimfire central to be as accessible that'd help.  Tough to explain stuff to a bot master that won't listen.

Thanks again
salty

saltydog452

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down