Benelli 95 dry fire bridge or plug

Go down

Benelli 95 dry fire bridge or plug

Post by davidbullseye on 10/31/2018, 10:02 am

Hello, 

Benelli experts.

I have a 95E .32 that did not come with either the red dry fire bridge or the chamber plug.  

I made a bridge from plastic .550 width that sits in the chamber similar to the red one from Benelli.  When I use this for dry firing the hammer strikes and moves the firing pin, but the hammer only moves about 1/8 or an inch and strikes with little force.  You can see the firing pin move on the bolt face and the hammer spring plunger moves about 3/32nd of an inch on the bottom of the trigger assembly.  

I also lathed a chamber plug out of nylon copying the chamber plug a friend had from the factory with his Benelli .32.  This plug holds the bolt back back slightly more than the red bridge.  The hammer is now striking the underside of the bolt that re cocks the pistol after shooting.  The hammer spring plunger does not move at all, and there are no firing pin marks on the chamber plug.  With both the red bridge and the chamber plug the hammer makes only the slightest click when it falls and the trigger feels normal.  

Does anyone know where the hammer is supposed to strike when dry firing with either the red bridge or the chamber plug.  

Thank you for your reply.  

David

davidbullseye

Back to top Go down

Re: Benelli 95 dry fire bridge or plug

Post by rich.tullo on 10/31/2018, 5:26 pm

Interesting. Dry wall screw? or Piece of leather. At the end of the day Benelli pins can break so have a couple extra. 

The hammer is internal and strikes somewhere under the bolt if I recall.
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by davidbullseye on 10/31/2018, 6:18 pm

yes, yellow dry wall anchors work great for .22

davidbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale on 11/1/2018, 8:09 am

I don't think it matters but it would seem that less hammer travel and therefore less force on firing parts would be preferred. 

I frequently, but not always, use a chunk of leather behind the firing pin in a 1911.

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 11/1/2018, 3:01 pm

David, that is the same behavior as the factory plugs in a pistol that has the disconnector. My 95 Atlanta did not have the disconnector but when I switched to an MP90 trigger, it now does what you see.
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum