Salyer Wad Gun for Sale

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Salyer Wad Gun for Sale

Post by messenger on 10/31/2018, 3:05 pm

I am helping a friend of mine sell his Salyer wad gun. Picture pretty much speak for itself. $1100 shipped from my FFL to yours. Sorry, no sales to California.

Bill
Attachments
20181029_205541 (1).jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(89 Kb) Downloaded 139 times
messenger

Back to top Go down

Re: Salyer Wad Gun for Sale

Post by rich.tullo on 10/31/2018, 5:18 pm

Kart Barrel?
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger on 10/31/2018, 6:08 pm

rich.tullo wrote:Kart Barrel?

I assumed it was but I was just informed it is an accurized Range officer. I'm sure he will entertain offers.

Bill
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on 10/31/2018, 6:50 pm

messenger wrote:

I assumed it was but I was just informed it is an accurized Range officer. I'm sure he will entertain offers.

Bill

Kart will be stamped on the hood if it’s a Kart barrel. If it’s a factory barrel it may say S.A. 45 ACP.
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 10/31/2018, 8:11 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:
messenger wrote:

Bill

Kart will be stamped on the hood if it’s a Kart barrel. If it’s a factory barrel it may say S.A. 45 ACP.
Unless it was polished off
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 10/31/2018, 9:38 pm

It takes a ton of material removal to get rid of the KART engraving/letters. It would be pretty obvious it was removed. Very doubtful.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar on 11/1/2018, 12:51 am

messenger wrote:Sorry, no sales to California.

Most of us Californians probably can't get that gun into the state (it looks like a SA lower), but I would request that you please allow one of US to make that determination before writing us off completely.

We're all in this fight together, and we are your brothers behind enemy lines.

We fight the battles that you never think will come to you, until they do.
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger on 11/1/2018, 5:50 am

Tim:H11 wrote:
messenger wrote:

Bill

After my friend told me it wasn't he took it out of the safe to check. It does have a Kart barrel and bushing.
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger on 11/1/2018, 5:53 am

john bickar wrote:

Most of us Californians probably can't get that gun into the state (it looks like a SA lower), but I would request that you please allow one of US to make that determination before writing us off completely.

Not shipping to California has nothing to do with the seller or myself. The FFL's I deal with will not ship there do to all the additional paperwork.

Bill
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 11/1/2018, 9:24 am

messenger wrote:
john bickar wrote:

Not shipping to California has nothing to do with the seller or myself. The FFL's I deal with will not ship there do to all the additional paperwork.

Bill
Since you are requesting to ship FFL to FFL, I'm not sure that there is any additional paperwork. If there is, it is minimal, but still doubtful. If the pistol is on our roster, it would be nice to have an option here for a nice pistol.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 11/1/2018, 9:50 am

California DOJ requires ffl on both ends to be registered into their system. Basically California ffl has to approve the pistol being shipped into the state. 
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt on 11/1/2018, 10:37 am

Jon Eulette wrote:California DOJ requires ffl on both ends to be registered into their system. Basically California ffl has to approve the pistol being shipped into the state. 
Jon
And the shipping FFL has to get an authorization number from the California DOJ before shipping the pistol.  I sold a pistol through GunBroker to a California resident, never again.
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 11/1/2018, 10:58 am

To get a pistol in to California I have literally had the pistol shipped from an FFL that would not ship to California to FFL that would. But eventually it got here :-) you have to do what you have to do.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar on 11/1/2018, 11:49 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:To get a pistol in to California I have literally had the pistol shipped from an FFL that would not ship to California to FFL that would. But eventually it got here :-) you have to do what you have to do.
Jon

Like I said: we fight the battles that folks never think will come to them, until they do.
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 11/2/2018, 4:51 am

My ffl ships to Cali all the time. Says it is no effort aside from the inital setup
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by cavedweller29 on 11/3/2018, 5:30 pm

Is the gun still available and, if so, do you have a test target to show?

cavedweller29

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 11/3/2018, 6:06 pm

john bickar wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:To get a pistol in to California I have literally had the pistol shipped from an FFL that would not ship to California to FFL that would. But eventually it got here :-) you have to do what you have to do.
Jon

Like I said: we fight the battles that folks never think will come to them, until they do.

You guys could always leave that God forsaken state. But at least you have good weather and recreational marijuana lol.

I was selling an AK on GB with (10) 30 round magazines. I had a CA guy contact me to see if I would be willing to remove the pistol grip and magazines to be able to sell to him. I politely declined.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 on 11/4/2018, 12:06 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:My ffl ships to Cali all the time. Says it is no effort aside from the inital setup

I do it as well, 

setup took just a few minutes, all online, and the actual paperwork involved to ship takes just a minute, 

difficult part on my end is making sure it is a Cali legal firearm,  which usually takes all of 5 minutes of google fu, (and I do it anyway to double check when a Cali resident tell me it is on the roster, 
calguns is a great forum for help in that dept as well

of course, all C&R is good, but handguns still have to go to a FFL not C&R

lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger on 11/4/2018, 1:55 pm

lyman1903 wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:My ffl ships to Cali all the time. Says it is no effort aside from the inital setup

I do it as well, 

setup took just a few minutes, all online, and the actual paperwork involved to ship takes just a minute, 

difficult part on my end is making sure it is a Cali legal firearm,  which usually takes all of 5 minutes of google fu, (and I do it anyway to double check when a Cali resident tell me it is on the roster, 
calguns is a great forum for help in that dept as well

of course, all C&R is good, but handguns still have to go to a FFL not C&R

I have asked my FFL several times and the previous owner also. The answer is always the same. No.

Bill
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar on 11/4/2018, 2:17 pm

zanemoseley wrote:
john bickar wrote:
Jon

You guys could always leave that God forsaken state.

I've explained this to people multiple times: this is where my family, my home, and my career are. Would you be willing to give those things up for your hobby?

Again: we fight the battles that you never think will come to you, until they do.

I actually quite like it here, the insanity of the state's gun laws aside. We'll see what happens Tuesday; I'm not particularly optimistic. I'm looking at my ballot and in most cases, it's a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich (still relevant, 14 years later Laughing ).
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 11/4/2018, 2:51 pm

The ballot always is.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 11/4/2018, 2:59 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:California DOJ requires ffl on both ends to be registered into their system. Basically California ffl has to approve the pistol being shipped into the state. 
Jon
Probably one of the few states where it’s less hassle for a private citizen to ship a gun to a CA FFL than an FFL to ship to a CA FFL.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 11/4/2018, 3:18 pm

To get us back on topic, this is a good price for a pistol from a known quality Smith.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by cavedweller29 on 11/4/2018, 5:53 pm

Could someone let me know if this is still available and, if so, is there a test target?  I am interested in the gun.

cavedweller29

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 11/4/2018, 8:09 pm

john bickar wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:
john bickar wrote:
Jon

You guys could always leave that God forsaken state.

I've explained this to people multiple times: this is where my family, my home, and my career are. Would you be willing to give those things up for your hobby?

Again: we fight the battles that you never think will come to you, until they do.

I actually quite like it here, the insanity of the state's gun laws aside. We'll see what happens Tuesday; I'm not particularly optimistic. I'm looking at my ballot and in most cases, it's a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich (still relevant, 14 years later Laughing ).

JB,
The very short answer to you, - not for the hobby, but for our kids - WE DID! 
AP
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum