FOR SALE CMM FAME ADAPTER FOR HAMMERLI - SOLD

Go down

FOR SALE CMM FAME ADAPTER FOR HAMMERLI - SOLD

Post by JKR on 12/16/2018, 5:23 pm

I just had to try one but am going back to my Rink. Includes an extra set of thicker slabs. $170 shipped.

Last edited by JKR on 12/16/2018, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

JKR

Back to top Go down

Re: FOR SALE CMM FAME ADAPTER FOR HAMMERLI - SOLD

Post by joy2shoot on 12/16/2018, 5:38 pm

PM sent

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot on 12/21/2018, 11:12 pm

Items as described and in great shape.  All questions expeditiously answered.  Fast shipping.  Overall, a very good experience.  Thanks for the transaction.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tceva on 12/22/2018, 4:54 am

Thomas,
I am curious about how the adapter works for you.  I almost purchased one, then backed off and started shooting my conversion again.  My Hammerli and conversion share the same accuracy.  Can the grip really be duplicated on a different frame?
Merry Christmas 
Alex
tceva

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR on 12/22/2018, 3:00 pm

Thomas. Glad to hear you got it and like it.

Alex. The adapter is slightly deeper than a 1911. It apparently has to be in order to fit over the Hammerli frame. I found it to be close enough though. I generally liked it but my problem with it was my thumb would sometimes sweep up the slide release and lock the slide back while firing sustained fire. This happens because I have contracture in my right hand and not much flexibility in my thumb. My Rink grip completely covers the slide release so I have no problem with it on the pistol. 

Merry Christmas.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot on 12/22/2018, 10:34 pm

Alex, in overexposed photo 1, a 45 is on the left and the Hammerli is on the right.  You can see there is more ‘frame’ in front of the slab on the Hammerli than the 45.  The amount of exposed frame behind the slab is about the same.

In photo 2, the 45 is again on the left.  You can tell the 45 has a more rounded front strap and mainspring housing than the Hammerli.  And the Hammerli is slightly longer.

In photo 3, you can see, as Jim says, the 45 and Hammerli adapter have about the same angle.  As a side note, you can also see because of the recess in the trigger guard and the higher beaver tail, your hand will be closer to the barrel in the Hammerli than the 45.  Also, for ease of racking the slide, I have removed the rear sight on the Hammerli and placed a small amount of grip tape on the slide.

How does the Hammerli shoot?  When I tried it before I bought it, I put 10 rounds in a 50 yard target off hand (i.e. no support) and put 4 in the X ring.  Unfortunately, when I tried to shoot the gun in two matches, I had various failures.  I ended up sending the gun to the late Larry Carter who stripped it, cleaned it and reground the chamber face and bolt face.  He also gave me some tips on which ammo to use.  I did not get the gun back until the season was pretty much over.  So, it is still on probation until it and I get along.  While I like the Pardini trigger more than the Hammerli and the few times I cleaned SF in an outdoor 2700 were with 22 conversions, there is something about the Hammerli’s balance and fit that makes me take it out of the safe and incorporate it into my dry fire routine with my other guns even though right now it is not my go-to 22.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tceva on 12/23/2018, 5:04 am

Thomas,
Thank you for the detailed assessment.  Reason says shoot the conversion, but I keep grabbing the hammerli.
I have to shoot thin slabs on my 45, to get my trigger engaged properly.   From what I see, the adapter may make the grip too wide for me. Thanks again.
Merry Christmas
Alex
tceva

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton on 12/23/2018, 7:23 am

Alex, I’d say Thomas gave you a good idea and I will just toss in my two cents.

The Hammerli adapter does seem very slightly larger to me as well, but in a good way.  I do not think it affects my trigger finger reach vs. my Rinks.  I had the grip adapter with the angled back strap, but milled it to a flat strap style and like it better.  I have the CMM beavertail as well.

I feel a little bit about the CMM adapter and beavertail setup as I do about my 1911-style gripped Steyr LP50.  It makes for a somewhat similar grip as a .45, but the balance and trigger and handling is not a 1911 and never will be.

I would not say that is a detriment, because it is nice to get close.  I certainly enjoy my 1911 grip converted pistol, especially if I know I will be shooting .45 the same day.  If I am just shooting .22 then I have a Rink gripped Hammerli that I like, as the ergo grip is more forgiving and I can give a little more focus to the trigger.

I do have Nelson conversions as well and occasionally will go for months just shooting them while trying to hone my 1911 triggering.  I also pick one of them up for dry fire practice, seldom dry firing the Hammerli.
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum