Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beretta Jamming

2 posters

Go down

Beretta Jamming Empty Beretta Jamming

Post by davekp Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

I have a Mountain Competition M92 with a jamming issue. Looks like the extractor slips off the empty when the slide retracts and leaves it in the chamber. It then tries to feed a fresh round that hits the back of the fired round that is still in the chamber. I cleaned under the extractor and replaced the extractor after talking to the AMU armorers at Camp Perry and the issue persists. Could it be recoil spring related? I'm stumped.

Dave P

davekp

Back to top Go down

Beretta Jamming Empty Re: Beretta Jamming

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Tight Chamber maybe? Take the barrel out and see if there is any drag on the round when you put it in and out of the chamber. It's probably not the recoil spring if the slide is going back far enough to strip a new round off of the magazine.

If it's not a tight chamber, it's gotta be a problem with the extractor or the way the slide was machined to hold the extractor. Did you replace the extractor spring? If it's weak, or compressed it might not have the gripping force that it should.

Maybe KC from KC's Customs can help?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down