WTS Model 41

Go down

WTS Model 41

Post by Jar-hed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 am

This is one sweet shooter. Barrel has been relined by Alex Hamilton of Ten-Ring Precision. He uses an olympic grade liner with a true match chamber. Rink grips (RH, Medium, 7 degree offset). Also included are two factory magazines, the beautiful factory goncalo alves grips, a clark scope mount, and the original factory case. I had an Ultra-dot sight on it when I fired the test group, but that is NOT included. For clarification, the mount is included; the red dot is not. $995.00, plus $25.00 to cover my FFL's fees for the transfer. [img][/img]
Jar-hed

Back to top Go down

Re: Your S&W 41

Post by infantrytrophy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:29 pm

I'm not sure what "relining" the barrel means. Can you explain this?

Thanks.

infantrytrophy

Back to top Go down

Re: WTS Model 41

Post by Jar-hed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm not sure I'm the best person to explain it. Perhaps there are some gunsmith members out there who could chime in with a better explanation. Basically. the original bore gets drilled out to the outside diameter of the liner. The liner then gets epoxied in place, and what you have is a brand new barrel. "Better than new" most gunsmiths would say. In my mind the target kinda speaks to the effectiveness of the process. Though there is no "before" target to compare it to, the groups were no where near as tight with the factory barrel. Also consider that the target shown was shot handheld from a sandbag rest. I suspect that if you took my old eyes and shaky trigger finger out of the equation (via a Ransom Rest) the group would have been smaller still.

Do a Google search for "Midway barrel relining" and you will find a couple of Youtube videos of Larry Potterfield from Midway USA showing the process on a rifle barrel.
Jar-hed

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 pm

The truer saying would be it has been re barreled, being the barrel portion that came with the gun (actual refiling section)has been replaced with a match quality replacement, Many gunsmiths have done this to many different kinds of guns over the years to enhance accuracy.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

SOLD!

Post by Jar-hed on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 am

SPF
Jar-hed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down