Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard Victor

2 posters

Go down

High Standard Victor Empty High Standard Victor

Post by foggyeye 1/27/2013, 1:14 pm

I have an opportunity to purchase a Hamden High Standard Victor with a 6 inch barel in very good condition for 900.00. Problem is it has a new red bottom magazine. How hard is it to get a used Hamden magazine for this gun? Are the new red bottom magazines working well on the Hamden guns?

foggyeye

Back to top Go down

High Standard Victor Empty Re: High Standard Victor

Post by Jerry944T 1/27/2013, 3:38 pm

As far as I know Victors only came with 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 inch barrels. Where was the gun made, Hamden or New Haven? Does it disassemble with a push button or hex key?

The red bottom magazines are standard in older High Standards. They should work just fine.

Brownells sells replacement magazines for your gun, either red bottom or metal. These magazines come from High Standard. The red bottom is plastic and will break if dropped. I put my red button mags away and just use the metal ones.

Caveat: At that price it should be in super condition. Also most High Standard magazines must be tuned for your gun since High Standards don't have feed ramps. They feed directly from the mags so adjustment is critical.

If you want further information go to the Rimfirecentral forum. the High Standard section is a wealth of information.

Jerry944T

Back to top Go down