Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol

5 posters

Go down

Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol Empty Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol

Post by shaneatch 1/30/2013, 4:12 pm

I am new to the sport of Bullseye, and with everything that's going on in the firearms industry right now it has been really hard to source quality ammunition. I have been shooting CCI Green tag, And Federal Premium Target with good results, but the supply of the Federal has dried up, and Green Tag has gone through the roof pricewise.

I have found a reliable, local source for Golden Eagle "Target", and Golden Eagle "Match Pistol" ammo. Does anyone have any input for me? I picked up a few hundred rounds of each and am headed to the range tonight for testing.

I am shooting a Benelli MP95 with a Millet Red dot sight.

Any help on ammo testing, or advice from other Benelli shooters would be appreciated.

shaneatch

Back to top Go down

Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol Empty Re: Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol

Post by BE Mike 1/31/2013, 8:41 am

I'd bet that they both will shoot in the ten ring at 50 yards. I've shot both and they performed similarly. If they function in your pistol, I wouldn't worry about it. Buy the least expensive, probably Target. The only way to tell for sure which one groups best in your pistol is to test them in your pistol at 50 yards.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol Empty Re: Golden Eagle 22lr target vs Golden Eagle 22lr match pistol

Post by Larry Lang 1/31/2013, 10:32 am

Golden Eagle and Aguila SE are made by the same company. Both work well in my Marvel. Golden Eagle is slightly faster. Both are temporarily on back-order at my usual supplier.
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 1/31/2013, 10:56 am

shaneatch wrote:I am new to the sport of Bullseye, and with everything that's going on in the firearms industry right now it has been really hard to source quality ammunition. I have been shooting CCI Green tag, And Federal Premium Target with good results, but the supply of the Federal has dried up, and Green Tag has gone through the roof pricewise.

I have found a reliable, local source for Golden Eagle "Target", and Golden Eagle "Match Pistol" ammo. Does anyone have any input for me? I picked up a few hundred rounds of each and am headed to the range tonight for testing.

I am shooting a Benelli MP95 with a Millet Red dot sight.

Any help on ammo testing, or advice from other Benelli shooters would be appreciated.

Hello,

Where are you finding Green Tag?

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 1/31/2013, 11:08 am

golden eagle is rated at 1200 fps, it is very dirty but shoots well.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaneatch 1/31/2013, 10:14 pm

BE Mike wrote:I'd bet that they both will shoot in the ten ring at 50 yards. I've shot both and they performed similarly. If they function in your pistol, I wouldn't worry about it. Buy the least expensive, probably Target. The only way to tell for sure which one groups best in your pistol is to test them in your pistol at 50 yards.

Didn't make it to the range last night. Headed there tonight after work. I live in Fairbanks Alaska so am shooting indoor 50 ft. I'll post some feedback tomorrow. Thanks for the input

shaneatch

Back to top Go down

Post by shaneatch 1/31/2013, 10:20 pm

Thanks for everyones input! I did find online that the match pistol, and target are rated at 1080 fps. guess I'll know more after tonight.

shaneatch

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 2/1/2013, 8:29 am

I did some chronograph tests a while back. Here were the results of the .22 ammo:

Marvel .22 Conversion, CCI SV, .22 LR 949fps, 936

SK Jagd Pistol Match, .22 LR 979fps, 1001

Aguila Target, .22 LR 945fps,
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by shaneatch 2/6/2013, 2:40 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I shot the Golden Eagle (Aguila) Match pistol last Friday. First bullseye match for me, and shot 740/900. I was pretty happy with the way it performed. No malfunctions.
Shane

shaneatch

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 2/6/2013, 8:18 am

That's darn good shooting for a first match. Glad the ammo worked out for you.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by shaneatch 2/7/2013, 3:01 am

BE Mike wrote:That's darn good shooting for a first match. Glad the ammo worked out for you.

Thank you. It was really fun, and I'm shooting with a really great bunch of people.

shaneatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down