Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts for IZH 35

+2
1joel1
Flyfisherman
6 posters

Go down

Parts for IZH 35 Empty Parts for IZH 35

Post by Flyfisherman 2/4/2013, 3:22 pm

Does anyone know of a source for parts for the IZH 35? I need an extractor and extractor spring. I tried Numrich and they do not have extractors/springs at this time. I really enjoy the Izzy when its up and running and just had EAA (also out of extractors) put in a whole new trigger group last June, but getting tired of trying to find parts for it. I may just sell it for parts (so someone can avoid the problems I have had locating parts) if I can't find the extractor and spring in a reasonable time. Thanks /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Parts for IZH 35 Empty Re: Parts for IZH 35

Post by 1joel1 2/5/2013, 9:31 am

Try posing the question at targettalk.org and see what they say. Someone might have an extra or know someone that can make one.

HTH,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyfisherman 2/5/2013, 10:02 am

Thanks, I'll do that. /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smopho 3/5/2013, 10:09 pm

When the Izzy first came out, Walthers was selling the same pistol with a better quality finish under their name. It had laminate grips versus the solid grips of the Izzy. You might try Walthers for parts. I think their model (not certain) was a GSP2000.

Smopho

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/5/2013, 10:16 pm

try this page: http://www.eaacorp.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_65
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyFish 3/6/2013, 7:13 am

Smopho wrote: You might try Walthers for parts. I think their model (not certain) was a GSP2000.

The Walther version of the IZH 35 was the KSP200. Same gun, just with nicer finish. My wife shoots one, and I hope it never breaks - parts can be tough to find (EAA is the best source, as Rob pointed out) and spare mags are just about impossible. There are persistent rumors that Baikal or somebody is going to revive production and/or importation, but it never seems to happen, or at least it never seems to result in any mags for sale. I don't believe that Walther provides support any longer.

FlyFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyfisherman 3/6/2013, 7:17 pm

Thanks, I've tried EAA (no luck). I'll give Walther a try. I should have thought of that since mine has the Walther KSP grips. I also emailed a person who was supposedly manufacturing replacements, but have not had a response as yet. /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/6/2013, 8:50 pm

as far as the extractor goes, I added one to my "shopping cart" yesterday, and it let me go to the checkout stage and showed "in stock".
Iwas told that the Feinwerkbau AW93 is a german designed copy of the IZH35. I realize the krauts completely redisigned "everything" but I'm not sure how different any of the parts are. I've never held either one in my hand. Just throwing ideas out there.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 3/7/2013, 10:03 am

Rob Kovach wrote:Iwas told that the Feinwerkbau AW93 is a german designed copy of the IZH35. I realize the krauts completely redisigned "everything" but I'm not sure how different any of the parts are. I've never held either one in my hand. Just throwing ideas out there.

I doubt that you could find one part that is interchangeable between the two. Much better luck with the KSP. Also, I heard that a new model 35 is being sold so perhaps some of those parts are interchangeable???

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/7/2013, 10:10 am

Rob Kovach wrote:as far as the extractor goes, I added one to my "shopping cart" yesterday, and it let me go to the checkout stage and showed "in stock".
Iwas told that the Feinwerkbau AW93 is a german designed copy of the IZH35. I realize the krauts completely redisigned "everything" but I'm not sure how different any of the parts are. I've never held either one in my hand. Just throwing ideas out there.

I have the aw93 and owned a izh 35, they are not alike other than general design, parts are not interchangeable. Walther wont be a help as they never made the ksp, they were just purchased izh 35s that they bought and modified the aesthetics, with a shiny slide and laminated grip.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyfisherman 3/7/2013, 10:43 am

I tried EAA again and the order was accepted and I was thinking "YES,FINALLY!!!!! But alas, this morning I got an email noting that EAA no longer carries parts for the IZH 35M and they cancelled my order........back to square one. Maybe I'll just (reluctantly) sell the Walther grips, the 3 magazines and then the rest for parts!!! Too bad because this pistol is (was!) really fun to shoot.
Thanks everyone for the help. /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/7/2013, 11:35 am

yes thats the problem with these guns, parts suppys have been exhausted. A good gunsmith might be able to make the extractor if you can find one to try.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyfisherman 3/7/2013, 3:40 pm

DavidR, I really didn't shoot it regularly enough to go to all the effort to get one made. It was a fun gun to shoot, but I really need to consistently stay with the Marvel for .22. Oh well, maybe someone will get benefit from the other parts. I had just had a brand new (and real nice!) trigger group installed by EAA last June so between that, the magazines and the grips it should be of benefit to some others in need of these parts. /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/7/2013, 3:45 pm

I have a friend who might be interested for parts. how much for everything?
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smopho 3/7/2013, 7:23 pm

Jeez, it's only an extractor, how hard can it be to make one? I've made 22 firing pins before. Find a piece of good quality steel in a thickness close to what you need, something like an old file. Anneal it to soften by heating straw yellow with a torch, and let it slow cool for 2 or 3 cycles. It will now be soft enough to grind or file it to shape. Then heat treat it by heating it straw yellow again and quenching it into motor oil.

Smopho

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyfisherman 3/7/2013, 7:31 pm

Smopho, I'm a woodworker not a metal worker. You make it sound easy. Believe me it would not be for me. Last thing I made out of metal was a can opener in 7th grade (a long time ago!).

DavidR, I haven't decided for sure to sell it as yet (may even try to make the extractor as Smopho suggests!!), but if I do I'll contact you off list.
Thanks /MK

Flyfisherman

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/8/2013, 9:24 am

ok sounds good.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content