Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed

2 posters

Go down

Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed Empty Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed

Post by Glenn Barber 2/17/2013, 9:03 pm

Hey guys, I have been shooting a Marvel Unit 1 for years and of course there is no lock-back on the older model - but when you load the magazine with the slide back and release the slide a round goes to battery perfectly - on my new Marvel I get the lock-back (love that) but I can not get a round to go to battery with the slide back and and release it - I get a jam immediately - so I am having to let slide go forward - load the magazine then pull the slide back and release in order to get a bullet to go to battery. Is there a secret that I need to know OR is this the trade off from the old Marvel to the New marvel? BTW - I am using CCI SV - in my new Marvel - my old one loves CCI SV

Anyone have any ideas? A couple of the other guys at our club has new Marvels and are having to do the same thing.

Thanks Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Glenn

Glenn Barber

Back to top Go down

Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed Empty Re: Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed

Post by Rob Kovach 2/17/2013, 9:52 pm

The GSG mags that make the lockback work make it so you have to "slingshot" the first shot like it was a high-standard or something. If you use your old mags, they will feed the first round just fine, but then you wont have the lockback function.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed Empty Re: Shot my new Marvel first time today a little dissappointed

Post by Glenn Barber 2/17/2013, 11:26 pm

Thanks Rob - So that is the trade off. I guess one day they will make a marvel that will actually feed and lock back -LOL! I like the lock back - so I will live with it.

Glenn Barber

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 2/18/2013, 12:07 am

Ha! It's not really the marvel but the Magazines.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Barber 2/18/2013, 6:54 am

Makes sense - then they need to come up with a magazine that will do both - thanks the help.

Glenn Barber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down