Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Season's Ammo Shortage

+14
Virgil Kane
bdutton
SMBeyer
james r chapman
AllAces
JStraw
jakuda
BE Mike
sixftunda
lcambre
s1120
DavidR
Toz35m
Orion
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This Season's Ammo Shortage - Page 2 Empty This Season's Ammo Shortage

Post by Orion Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Where is everyone trying to purchase 22 ammo this season? My inventory is running low.

What will the season look like with the lack of resources available to shooters this year?
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

This Season's Ammo Shortage - Page 2 Empty Re: This Season's Ammo Shortage

Post by Toz35m Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am

It is driven by the people willing to pay it. If the buyers did not show up willing to pay the higher prices then the sellers would not be able to sell it. Supply and Demand basics. I will stop shooting before I pay more than normal market value for ammo just for me to train and shoot matches.

Just think some peoples score might go up because they will dry fire more to save the ammo they have. It could happen.

I have lots of pellets for my air pistol so I may have to shoot that more.

If you have a community of fellow shooters around you most often they would sell you some at what they paid.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by BElito Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 pm

My chance to really hit BE shooting this season already has ceased due to this ammo shortage. Absolutely crazy. I have looked everywhere on the internet. I will have to try a gun show or something.

I may seriously buy the SCATT just to improve my dry fire practice at home.

BElito

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 pm

It might help if you folks who need ammo or reloading components, give your city and state. There may be some of us who have bought ammo and components over the years in bulk, when we found good deals, who might be willing to part with some.

Last edited by BE Mike on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlandca Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 am

BElito wrote:My chance to really hit BE shooting this season already has ceased due to this ammo shortage. Absolutely crazy. I have looked everywhere on the internet. I will have to try a gun show or something.

I may seriously buy the SCATT just to improve my dry fire practice at home.

There is a lead free alterative but
you have to do some minor modifications to your pistol

http://slingshotchannel.blogspot.com/2013/03/oreo-maker-of-famous-three-layered.html

woodlandca

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:29 am

Powderman wrote:The people that are auctioning this ammo off on Gunbroker make me ill, I'm sorry to say. I guess some folks have no scruples--1000 rounds of CCI SV for well over $300.00? Really.

Are you posting from behind the iron curtain? It's an auction site. No one is forcing buyers to bid the prices up. I woke-up at $500 and bought 2 years worth. Bitch all you like, but the writing was on the wall well before $500 and those who were trying to get ammo for just $50 more than they were paying were not in tune with what was happening. If regular shooters bought more throughout the year the companies would have been tooled up and making more at sub $300. But many people thought ammo was a right. A real hard lesson about being prepared is being taught here. I hope many are extending it into other areas of their lives.

DT

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2