Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments

4 posters

Go down

Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments Empty Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments

Post by mt2020 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am

I am looking at a pair of used Benelli Bullseye Pistols they are used 22 and 32 cal
I have no experience with these guns---- any general comments from anyone

I am sure they are OK. I wonder should i be look at Hammerlis or Pardinis instead I shoot a Ruger Mark III now with a custom trigger job and Ultradot sites and hope that moving up will help my scores and the 32cal will let me get into more competitions

Comments anyone?.

thanks

mt2020

Back to top Go down

Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments Empty Re: Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments

Post by DavidR Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 am

Well, the 22 is no problem, they work well, the 32 is another story, if it has the original barrel then it is designed to be accurate at 25 meters and the ones we had( I and two friends) were not at 50 yards. We all had new barrels made by Dave Wilson and then they were very good at 50 yds. The 32s have a few other issues, the extractors if not modified will go flying out, not good during a match. Stove piping is common with the recoil buffer they use but there is a fix for that too. Once these things are corrected then it is a great CF gun.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments Empty Re: Benelli Bullseye Pair-- opinions comments

Post by DeweyHales Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm

I have those two guns. With the euro grip guns, you use a different set of stabilizing muscles and tendons. If you want to shoot 2700s, you will be much better of with a light recoiling .45 load.

These designs tend to be a bit more quirky with ammo selection than my American designs. For example, the ejector for the .22 is a tab on the mag feed lip. Things need to line up just so. Mags are very pricey compared to American designs. Loading good .32 ammo is a bit more expensive and a bit more difficult than loading good .45 ammo in my opinion. It is also a bit more difficult to mount an optic with these designs.

My .32 has the Dave Wilson barrel, and it will shoot really great groups. But, my .45s will shoot almost as well. And, they do it with a bigger hole. The bigger hole gets me more points. The weight of the bolt in the Benelli makes it pretty snappy in my opinion for a round that only uses 1.8 grains of powder or so.

If you only plan to ever shoot 1800s, the Benellis are fun. I got them for the ability to do my own trigger adjustment. That is a great feature.

If you still want to go Benelli, send me a PM.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Does anyone have an email or number for dave wilson.

wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am

Dave hangs out on the bullseye list and on target talks bullseye section goes by fc60, just post a message to him he will answer.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down