Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time at Bristol Regionals

4 posters

Go down

First time at Bristol Regionals Empty First time at Bristol Regionals

Post by sixftunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 am

I had to work on Saturday morning so I didn't think I would make the 3 1/2 hour drive to Bristol. However the wife and daughters were gone this week and my son and I got the hare brained idea to drive there, sleep in the car and shoot what we could on Sunday. 

That was a great decision!

It was by far the most enjoyable trip and match I have done. My son is a trap shooter and swore he wasn't going to shoot with me.  I have a Springfield GI model that I had put a mount and Bushnell Trophy Dot on that I brought just in case. After a little persuasion from Jim Lenardson and a few others he decided to do it. Glenn Smith loaned me a revolver and ammo for the DR and John Kahl, who won the SS category loaned my son a revolver.

If you have never been to the Bristol, IN regionals, you should definitely look into it for next year. They have a western style steel plate setup that you can shoot in the evening and you can also practice on the range.  You can camp there and there is some electric hook ups and bathroom/shower facilities.  Saturday evening I got Glenn's revolver sighted in and my son got to shoot some steel.  Also since I am not aware of Indiana's laws pertaining to fireworks, I cannot confirm or deny that there was a fireworks display on the range around 10 pm 
Smile
I must have slept better than I thought I did because I shot excellent. Scored a 859 for the .45, took second or third in the DR with a 262-6x (there was a tie I guess), then won the EIC with a 278-11x.  Fired a personal best 92-2 in slow fire and shot my first clean timed fire with my Beretta.  I have never had someone sign my target before.  I will admit I got goosebumps when the scorer did.  

I am very proud of my son for deciding to shoot.  He is pretty shaky so we talked about setting goals. I told him his goal for that day was not to crossfire a target. He accomplished that goal!  Rather than tell anyone his score he simply told them "I shot my personal best" which is true considering it was his first match. 

I will definitely be marking my calendar to go next year. I think I will bring my camper rather than sleep in the back of my SUV.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

First time at Bristol Regionals Empty Re: First time at Bristol Regionals

Post by Steve B Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Congratulations, what lane were you on?

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm

27 for the .45 and 26 for the DR and EIC
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:48 pm

I was shooting on 49 this weekend.
Glenn Smith is a great guy and someone I'm honored to call a friend.
Bristol is my home range, it is a hidden treasure for those that have never been there.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

First time at Bristol Regionals Empty First time at Bristol

Post by Mark Patterson Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I had lunch with Glen Smith on Friday and yes I'll second the thought that Glen is the real deal!! Nice Gentleman!! I wish I had shot the match as well as the man above but I had a super time and really enjoyed a well run match by Paul and the rest of the hard working guys..I shot on 36 and had Irina on my left and Randy on my right both really good shooters..We'll be back next year..Mark
Mark Patterson
Mark Patterson

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 am

That was a day of all around excellent shooting.  Congratulations!
Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down