My hands shake!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My hands shake!

Post by Bullseye10X on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello all,

I am new at Bullseye shooting, I just started shooting monthly at my local gun club.  Though mostly the same as the official NRA Bullseye comp, we generally only use one gun throughout the comp.  I am just a beginner and I am using a Ruger 22/45 Lite with a TRS-25 red dot.  Eventually I plan on expanding and going further in the sport.

I am an experience pistol shooter and consider myself to be a "decent shot", but I have noticed a problem.  When I "practice" at home, I aim my pistol at a refrigerator magnet and practice hold, sight picture, breathing, stance, etc.  I am steady as a rock.

When I go to the range and practice, my hands shakes so much that my red dot looks like a red line over the target.  This has happened to me twice now.  Besides being at the range, there is no difference in what I do at home.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Bullseye10X

http://bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My hands shake!

Post by Bullseye10X on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:48 pm

No, I didn't realize that, but I do find that the harder I try, the worse I end up doing.  I score much better in the rapid and timed fire rounds.

Bullseye10X

http://bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Workman on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:58 pm

First when I was shaking during practice I would turn a target over and shoot 10 rounds at the center of the blank repair center concentrating on trigger control. This should establish what you are capable of shooting on that day. Your goal would then be to fire the same size group on a slow fire target.
 Also when shaky take a few deep breathes and see if that helps.
 Also try static stretching all the muscles in your body. Start with your feet,then legs and all the way to your neck. The more you think about shaking the more you will do it.
 Visualize the dot in the center of the target before the shot. The more you see something happening in your mind the more likely you will be able to accomplish it.

Kermit Workman

Back to top Go down

Post by WVBE Shooter on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 pm

I have had the same problem.
However recently I have reduced my amount of of caffeine and increased dry fire practice and have noticed a big difference in my hold!

WVBE Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:19 am

I never believed the "hype" of not drinking caffeine before shooting... Til last week. I had two coffees and went shooting. My hand was shaking so bad I ended up giving up on bullseye practice and instead enjoyed some two handed shooting. They say that smoking adds too the shakes too.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 am

Are the shakes constant?  Or are they different within each of "holding", "sighting", or "triggering"?
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum