Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering?

+7
Greg Sefton
bullseyepistol
jakuda
Larry Lang
Mike M.
DeweyHales
John Brack
11 posters

Go down

.32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering? Empty .32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering?

Post by John Brack 6/22/2011, 8:41 pm

I saw some really nice .32 pistols on Larry's Guns web site. What are your thoughts, experiences as well as pros and cons?

John Brack

Back to top Go down

.32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering? Empty Re: .32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering?

Post by DeweyHales 6/23/2011, 9:51 am

I have a Benelli .32. It is fun to shoot, but I haven't shot it all that much since I am in the pursuit of the Distinguished Badge.

At 25, it shoots great. I may need a new barrel or some really careful reloading practices to get good results at 50.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

.32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering? Empty Re: .32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering?

Post by Mike M. 7/18/2011, 6:59 pm

The .32s work OK at 25 yards, but usually require a fast twist barrel to shoot well at 50. On the other hand, they can be very, very potent in timed and rapid fire.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Lang 7/18/2011, 8:22 pm

Mike M. wrote:The .32s work OK at 25 yards, but usually require a fast twist barrel to shoot well at 50. On the other hand, they can be very, very potent in timed and rapid fire.

Today I heard that the Expert CF at CP was won by a shooter using such a pistol. His score would have been good enough for 4th HM or 3rd MA. If that is true where's the argument!
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 7/19/2011, 12:38 am

Larry Lang wrote:
Mike M. wrote:The .32s work OK at 25 yards, but usually require a fast twist barrel to shoot well at 50. On the other hand, they can be very, very potent in timed and rapid fire.

Today I heard that the Expert CF at CP was won by a shooter using such a pistol. His score would have been good enough for 4th HM or 3rd MA. If that is true where's the argument!

Yes. Ron shoots a 32 for CF.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 8/2/2011, 10:16 am

My .32 Benelli is in pieces at the moment. Dave Wilson has the bolt, and he is making me a new barrel. So, I am hoping to have another really fine shooting pistol in the next few months.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyepistol 8/11/2011, 2:36 am

I shoot a Walther GSP in .32 cal. It has a custom 6" barrel and will manage about 2.5" groups at 50 yards on a good day. It is an odd-looking critter but fun to shoot! I think I gain points over the .45 in the CF match with it.

.32 Centerfire Pistols - are they worth considering? Walthe10

Best regards,

John Dreyer

www.bullseyepistol.com
bullseyepistol
bullseyepistol

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Sefton 8/27/2011, 1:17 pm

I have a couple GSP's: one with a 32 barrel that is a fine shooting pistol. It outshoots the 22 @ 25 yds (& the 22 is a tack driver). I don't shoot any 50 yard matches, but did shoot a few practice tragets and shot it as well as I do the 22, @ 50. The very first CF match I shot with it (25 yds) shot the highest score I've shot in any match (869-27X). I love the 32. I get a little razzing from the other (big bore shooters, who have "Elmer Keith Syndrome"Smile ) who call it a "mouse gun" But at least I don't have one of those electronic corncobs screwed on top of it. I've also requested that they cease that reference to my little gun; as I now have several confirmed kills on Boone & Crocket class, Norwegian Warf Rats with it.Cool

Greg

In answer to the OP, yes, they are great fun and very effective shooters.

Greg Sefton

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 8/27/2011, 6:06 pm

I'm still going to stick with my 1911 for CF and .45.

If money is no object it's ok. I just want one grip and one trigger to learn, and don't have the money for a bunch of extra match quality-gunsmithed pistols. That's the other side to consider.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milenfive 8/29/2011, 6:13 pm

At CampPerry this year there was another guy selling Benelli Pistols and he had a sample of a bolt and barrel assembly that they are coming out with so you can shot 32ACP out of the gun. I remember Larry Carter talking about 32ACP years ago and saying it was Ballistically better. I think the guy is based out of Tampa FL. I believe he is Hungarian. Nice guy little hard to under stand and cheaper than Larry.

Milenfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Lang 8/30/2011, 1:28 am

More than once I have heard the 32ACP phrase uttered here in the PNW. External ballistics was part of the conversation.

We are fortunate to have several innovative and talented MA class shooters who are helping to bring BE into the 21st century.
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by deepten 8/30/2011, 12:00 pm

I believe this is the gentleman that is working on a 32ACP conversion kit for a Pardini 22. He posted over on Target Talk about it. I could not find it again though. I bet you had better be prepared to hock the house for the set up.
http://www.pardiniguns.com/company

deepten

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Sefton 8/30/2011, 3:14 pm

Ok, I'll bite.. Why would the acp be superior to the S&W? Especially if you handload wadcutters. Just curious...

Greg Sefton

Back to top Go down

Post by Milenfive 8/30/2011, 3:22 pm

Just E mailed Vladimir about the 32ACP to check on availability. I'll let you know what I find.

Milenfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 2/15/2012, 12:06 am

I think the full wadcutters need a large amount of centripical force to keep the air flowing over the cutting edge of the bullet from tipping the bullet. So to get more centripical force you need a faster RPM on the bullet which means using a lighter bullet/higher velocity/faster twist rate. I think a custom mold casting a ~60gr HBWC would be the ticket.

This .32 acp sounds very interesting. Molds exist for a 75gr SWC already. great stuff!
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down