FS: Rink Grip, S&W 41 LRBO-unaltered Size: L

Go down

FS: Rink Grip, S&W 41 LRBO-unaltered Size: L

Post by borgman on 10/6/2013, 6:05 pm

Asking $130 shipped. Please PM email for pictures.

borgman

Back to top Go down

Re: FS: Rink Grip, S&W 41 LRBO-unaltered Size: L

Post by gun.nutsy on 11/4/2013, 5:53 pm

I'll buy it if it's still available?

gun.nutsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr on 11/5/2013, 12:09 am

Don't do it -- it's a scam. The guy is relisting a for-sale ad from months ago (using the exact same pictures when you ask, and the same wording and language).

The guy has also scammed a few people here on BullseyeForum.net as well as TargetTalk.org

The following is a transcript of an email conversation I had with the guy about these grips:

I wrote:Hello-

I'm interested in the rink Model 41 grips you have listed for-sale. Could you send pictures of the grips to my email address at kent.le@gmail.com?

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon!

-Kent
he wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Juan Manuel Borges <jmborges75@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kent.

Hereby I send you some pictures of my grips.
Let me know if you received them well. First time I upload pictures. I sent you 3 pictures, did you received all of them? I just see 1 here in this mail but tried several times now and you should receive all 3 of them.

Kind regards,
Juan Borges
I wrote:2013/10/10 Kent Le <kent.le@gmail.com>
Juan-

I only received one picture, which shows two grips. Which one is the one for the Model 41?

-Kent
I wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Kent Le <kent.le@gmail.com> wrote:
Juan-

Where are you located?

-Kent
he wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Juan Manuel Borges <jmborges75@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kent.

I´m located in NY. And you? Canada if I am right?

Let me know if you received them well this time. Both are suitable for a 41. The dark one feels for more as a Medium in my opinion.

I wrote:I am located in Virginia.

It's interesting that the pictures you're using for these grips are the same ones that were used back in February in a for-sale post by a shooter in Washington. Do you have any more-recent pictures of the grips? It's also interesting that you say that grips for a different gun would be "suitable" for a Model 41 - the screw holes and controls are in different places; I can't imagine that they would fit.

-Kent
---

I received no further emails from Mr. Borges, and then the revelations of the scam from the TargetTalk thread happened.

I advise you and anyone else to stay away from this 'deal' and any others that "borgman" or "borges" posts. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he did seem responsive and he did have a couple somewhat-contributing posts on TargetTalk, but it seems that he is not as honest as he would like us to believe.
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK on 11/5/2013, 7:30 am

Is this the same guy who is supposed to be scamming .22 ammo?
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Escape on 11/5/2013, 8:22 am

Appears to be the same guy, 3 whole posts with two being the day he joined, a whole month ago. I am a 'new guy' as well but I certainly wouldn't start out my 'existence' by selling stuff (assuming that I ever did sell stuff, my friends would say).
I am the first to admit that many of us 'mature' (that politically correct enough?) shooters my not be on the cusp of electronic technology, so finding a picture on the net of something like what you own and want to sell might be a bunch easier than getting a 'real' picture uploaded and properly linked. For me, someones use of a 'file photo', provided that they acknowledged it as such wouldn't set off alarms. But being warned by other forum participants (whose names I see in more threads than their own classifieds certainly sets off my 'scam alert'. Thanks to those who notice these things and bring it to our attention!

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns on 11/5/2013, 4:28 pm

"borgman" does not appear to be interested in addressing these concerns/allegations.  Hmm.

Jim
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by gun.nutsy on 11/5/2013, 6:07 pm

Thank you for the heads up guys! rvlvrlvr wrote:Don't do it -- it's a scam. The guy is relisting a for-sale ad from months ago (using the exact same pictures when you ask, and the same wording and language).

The guy has also scammed a few people here on BullseyeForum.net as well as TargetTalk.org

The following is a transcript of an email conversation I had with the guy about these grips:

I wrote:Hello-

I'm interested in the rink Model 41 grips you have listed for-sale. Could you send pictures of the grips to my email address at kent.le@gmail.com?

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon!

-Kent
he wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Juan Manuel Borges wrote:
Hello Kent.

Hereby I send you some pictures of my grips.
Let me know if you received them well. First time I upload pictures. I sent you 3 pictures, did you received all of them? I just see 1 here in this mail but tried several times now and you should receive all 3 of them.

Kind regards,
Juan Borges
I wrote:2013/10/10 Kent Le
Juan-

I only received one picture, which shows two grips. Which one is the one for the Model 41?

-Kent
I wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Kent Le wrote:
Juan-

Where are you located?

-Kent
he wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Juan Manuel Borges wrote:
Hello Kent.

I´m located in NY. And you? Canada if I am right?

Let me know if you received them well this time. Both are suitable for a 41. The dark one feels for more as a Medium in my opinion.

I wrote:I am located in Virginia.

It's interesting that the pictures you're using for these grips are the same ones that were used back in February in a for-sale post by a shooter in Washington. Do you have any more-recent pictures of the grips? It's also interesting that you say that grips for a different gun would be "suitable" for a Model 41 - the screw holes and controls are in different places; I can't imagine that they would fit.

-Kent
---

I received no further emails from Mr. Borges, and then the revelations of the scam from the TargetTalk thread happened.

I advise you and anyone else to stay away from this 'deal' and any others that "borgman" or "borges" posts. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he did seem responsive and he did have a couple somewhat-contributing posts on TargetTalk, but it seems that he is not as honest as he would like us to believe.

gun.nutsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on 11/5/2013, 10:13 pm

David R,

Can you delete Borgman's account without removing this thread so others can find his scam?
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on 11/7/2013, 12:52 pm

Handled.
Founder

http://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content