Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pistol scorebook?

+28
SteveT
Motophotog7
jejajones
canamshooter
Ed Hall
zanemoseley
Neil H
FelipeFischer
noproblem
djm026
john bickar
carykiteboarder
CR10X
Jwhelan939
Rob Kovach
farmboy
DonBrummer
james r chapman
Alexsmom
Joe L
BE Mike
Larry Lang
Bullseye10X
Sa-tevp
DeweyHales
Vociferous
dronning
Casey101
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

pistol scorebook? - Page 2 Empty pistol scorebook?

Post by Casey101 1/18/2014, 3:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reading over the AMU Pistol Guide there are references in there to using a scorebook

Do you use one?
If so where did you get it?
Are there different ones?

I've done a search on google and did not turn up much.

Thanks,

John
Casey101
Casey101

Back to top Go down

pistol scorebook? - Page 2 Empty Scoresheets vs Log book

Post by carykiteboarder 4/6/2015, 2:42 pm

Like many, I use a spreadsheet rather than a printed logbook.  There are some very nice benefits to doing so.

I make a distinction between a score sheet and a log book.  Score sheets are one per 900 and record individual shot values. Looking for patterns... a 96 with nine 10's and a 6 is a different problem to solve than six 10's and four nines.  I don't try to compute these patterns, I just review the score sheets from time to time.  For example, I realized that my Timed Fire in the NMC was consistently lower than all others.  I decided to practice Slow Fire, Timed Fire, SF, TF, etc.  It helped me not rush the first TF after SF. 

In my log book, I record string values -- one row per match. (This basically is a database which includes date, caliber, etc.) I use conditional formatting to always highlight a new personal best string, match or aggregate.  From that data, have a separate tab which is a table of my personal best scores for each gun (.22, CF, .45) for each string, match, 900 aggregate and 2700 aggregate. I keep my practice 900's in the database and keep match and practice personal bests separate.  I also compute a rolling 60-day average (900 aggregate) for each caliber.  I also keep a "theoretical" best which would be my aggregate if I shot all of my best matches on the same day.  Goals...

On a match day with a mediocre aggregate, I sometimes find a string or match with a personal best.  Although it's necessary to analyze the poor shooting, I like to invest time reflecting on what I was doing RIGHT at some point in the day to try to get the brain/body system to do those things more often.
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

pistol scorebook? - Page 2 Empty Re: pistol scorebook?

Post by john bickar 4/6/2015, 6:59 pm

CR10X wrote:I use a score book for tracking scores for matches.  I have about 18 years worth now.

N00b.

Razz
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by djm026 4/6/2015, 7:09 pm

Please send me a copy.
Dougjmbuilders@comcast.net
Thanks

djm026

Back to top Go down

Post by noproblem 4/27/2016, 3:58 pm

Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

noproblem

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/28/2016, 6:53 pm

noproblem wrote:Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

If you have questions PM me.

- Dave

Sorry couldn't upload it - no space, I'll post a link.  The link is for the one I posted in 2014.  I have an updated version I can email you, either PM me or respond with your email address.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/download.forum?id=432
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 4/28/2016, 7:44 pm

Apparently this is what he is looking for.

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FelipeFischer 3/23/2018, 7:53 pm

If you can please send me the score card if it's still available ?

FelipeFischer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil H 3/24/2018, 10:19 am

Here is a copy of the one that I made up in Word.

I liked the one that you use to could buy  Since I could not find it anymore I copied the basic design and added a couple of things.

I buy the “Write in the Rain” 8.5”x 11” blank paper for my printer and print the sheets off on them. This way it is water proof (just incase it ever rains at Perry). The pages are offset for binding, I print say 10 pages of page 1 then flip it over and send it back through the printer printing page 2. Cut them in half and now you have 20 pages with front and back entries (40). Then I bind them.

With it cut down to this size it stores in the little clipboard that Champions Choice sell
Attachments
pistol scorebook? - Page 2 Attachment
Score Book Cover.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(35 Kb) Downloaded 47 times
Score book page 1.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 64 times
Score book page 2.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 46 times

Neil H

canamshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/24/2018, 12:38 pm

I just keep my match results in the notepad of my phone, I keep the date, location and results of each caliber. I haven't gone as far as recording each shot but haven't seen the need yet. Plus keeping the overall scores make it much quicker to look through all my previous matches and see trends in my scores.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 3/24/2018, 5:12 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I just keep my match results in the notepad of my phone, I keep the date, location and results of each caliber. I haven't gone as far as recording each shot but haven't seen the need yet. Plus keeping the overall scores make it much quicker to look through all my previous matches and see trends in my scores.
My recommendation is to record only good shots, if you do record shots.  Kind of a positive reinforcement...

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

pistol scorebook? - Page 2 Empty Scorebook

Post by canamshooter 7/20/2021, 8:24 pm

Neil H wrote:Here is a copy of the one that I made up in Word.

I liked the one that you use to could buy  Since I could not find it anymore I copied the basic design and added a couple of things.

I buy the “Write in the Rain” 8.5”x 11” blank paper for my printer and print the sheets off on them. This way it is water proof (just incase it ever rains at Perry). The pages are offset for binding, I print say 10 pages of page 1 then flip it over and send it back through the printer printing page 2. Cut them in half and now you have 20 pages with front and back entries (40). Then I bind them.

With it cut down to this size it stores in the little clipboard that Champions Choice sell
Thanks for posting this Neil, it was nice running onto you on Range 4 last week LOL
LE

canamshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by jejajones 7/27/2021, 7:55 am

please send a copy to jeja@sympatico.ca

Thx
John

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Post by canamshooter 7/28/2021, 7:45 am

jejajones wrote:please send a copy to jeja@sympatico.ca

Thx
John

Sent.

canamshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 7/28/2021, 9:36 am

Perhaps the file could be posted into a sticky? I’m not sure if that’s possible or how it works....

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 7/28/2021, 11:19 am

I would be happy to host the file on my shooting page and post a link here. I sent a PM with my contact info

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Last edited by SteveT on 7/28/2021, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 7/28/2021, 11:28 am

Great! Thanks!

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 7/28/2021, 12:50 pm

When I started shooting BE I used a scorebook. I later discovered it wasn’t helping me. If something was important I would make notes but stopped tracking. Every shot. Why? Why write down 7’s & 8’s on a TF score? Reinforcing something that is not a 10. Yes that matters. It also causes you to think about score instead of performance. It also slows down the line. I observe shooters all the time at a match. I watch shots fired and I watch targets being scored. Routinely I see lower classified shooters holding up the line recording their own scores into their scorebook then scoring fellow competitors target. What are they gaining? In my opinion not much. Go down range and score. Pull your target and save it for later. Make an analysis if you need to change something to stay in the 10 or get into the 10 ring. Should be focusing on doing things to shoot 10’s. Writing down 7’s is reinforcing 7’s. Talk about your good shots. No one cares, especially me about the bad shots you just sprayed. I will walk away from anyone, best friends included, that come up to me and share about all the bad shots. If you shot one X and everything else out of the 10 ring focus on the X.
Going home and looking at a scorebook isn’t going to make you a better shooter. By all means save the match results and keep track of matches. Nothing wrong with keeping track of PB scores from SF, NMC, etc. That’s your reality and your present best. That’s positive! 99% of the HM out there are not recording scores during the match. It’s all about consistent performance and making quick adjustments to keep shots inside the 10 ring. 
Journal’s are good. Write down what worked and what didn’t. 
I can remember many Masters who never made HM. Many of those guys lived in a scorebook and you could see them react negatively to the bad targets. They were only reinforcing the bad. A good shooter will go down range after a bad target and barely look at it, put up a new repair center and move on back into performance mode. 
Learn from them. Most shooters are their own worst enemy. Thinking too much and writing down too much. KISS principle is your friend along with a quiet mind.
Positivity goes much farther than you know. I thank the late Doc Young for helping learn early on the power of positivity. You can’t soar with eagles when your hanging out with turkeys. Next match you shoot, I challenge you to listen and observe how the Masters talk and the Marksman. Watch and learn.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Jwhelan939, chopper and DA/SA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 7/28/2021, 1:58 pm

To reinforce what Jon said, keeping a record of every shot doesn’t help your upcoming performance.  Keeping meticulous scorebooks is largely a waste of time at best and a distraction at worst. (Even in rifle shooting. Where it’s hammered in to you to keep a scorebook).  If something has changed like a zero or some significantly off-call shots make a note in a  notebook for further investigation.  But your score takes care of itself.  Your concentration must be on your performance of your shooting process at that moment in time.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jejajones 7/31/2021, 9:43 am

If anyone has a copy of bullseye 10's pistol score book  I would appreciate you sending me a copy.
Jeja@sympatico.ca

Thx

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupy44 8/7/2021, 8:28 pm

Used to, then replaced it with a scrap piece of paper with what I was focusing on in the next match that worked in the last.  A lot more helpful!

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by moose4550 11/19/2023, 7:05 am

Champions choice website 
Has scorebooks for 2700 and for high power rifle with NMC. 7.00 each.

moose4550

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2