pistol scorebook?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pistol scorebook?

Post by Casey101 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reading over the AMU Pistol Guide there are references in there to using a scorebook

Do you use one?
If so where did you get it?
Are there different ones?

I've done a search on google and did not turn up much.

Thanks,

John

Casey101

Back to top Go down

Scoresheets vs Log book

Post by carykiteboarder on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Like many, I use a spreadsheet rather than a printed logbook.  There are some very nice benefits to doing so.

I make a distinction between a score sheet and a log book.  Score sheets are one per 900 and record individual shot values. Looking for patterns... a 96 with nine 10's and a 6 is a different problem to solve than six 10's and four nines.  I don't try to compute these patterns, I just review the score sheets from time to time.  For example, I realized that my Timed Fire in the NMC was consistently lower than all others.  I decided to practice Slow Fire, Timed Fire, SF, TF, etc.  It helped me not rush the first TF after SF. 

In my log book, I record string values -- one row per match. (This basically is a database which includes date, caliber, etc.) I use conditional formatting to always highlight a new personal best string, match or aggregate.  From that data, have a separate tab which is a table of my personal best scores for each gun (.22, CF, .45) for each string, match, 900 aggregate and 2700 aggregate. I keep my practice 900's in the database and keep match and practice personal bests separate.  I also compute a rolling 60-day average (900 aggregate) for each caliber.  I also keep a "theoretical" best which would be my aggregate if I shot all of my best matches on the same day.  Goals...

On a match day with a mediocre aggregate, I sometimes find a string or match with a personal best.  Although it's necessary to analyze the poor shooting, I like to invest time reflecting on what I was doing RIGHT at some point in the day to try to get the brain/body system to do those things more often.

carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Re: pistol scorebook?

Post by john bickar on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:59 pm

CR10X wrote:I use a score book for tracking scores for matches.  I have about 18 years worth now.

N00b.

Razz

john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by djm026 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Please send me a copy.
Dougjmbuilders@comcast.net
Thanks

djm026

Back to top Go down

Post by noproblem on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

noproblem

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm

noproblem wrote:Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

If you have questions PM me.

- Dave

Sorry couldn't upload it - no space, I'll post a link.  The link is for the one I posted in 2014.  I have an updated version I can email you, either PM me or respond with your email address.

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/download.forum?id=432

dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:44 pm

Apparently this is what he is looking for.

james r chapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum