pistol scorebook?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

pistol scorebook?

Post by Casey101 on 1/18/2014, 3:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reading over the AMU Pistol Guide there are references in there to using a scorebook

Do you use one?
If so where did you get it?
Are there different ones?

I've done a search on google and did not turn up much.

Thanks,

John
Casey101

Back to top Go down

Scoresheets vs Log book

Post by carykiteboarder on 4/6/2015, 2:42 pm

Like many, I use a spreadsheet rather than a printed logbook.  There are some very nice benefits to doing so.

I make a distinction between a score sheet and a log book.  Score sheets are one per 900 and record individual shot values. Looking for patterns... a 96 with nine 10's and a 6 is a different problem to solve than six 10's and four nines.  I don't try to compute these patterns, I just review the score sheets from time to time.  For example, I realized that my Timed Fire in the NMC was consistently lower than all others.  I decided to practice Slow Fire, Timed Fire, SF, TF, etc.  It helped me not rush the first TF after SF. 

In my log book, I record string values -- one row per match. (This basically is a database which includes date, caliber, etc.) I use conditional formatting to always highlight a new personal best string, match or aggregate.  From that data, have a separate tab which is a table of my personal best scores for each gun (.22, CF, .45) for each string, match, 900 aggregate and 2700 aggregate. I keep my practice 900's in the database and keep match and practice personal bests separate.  I also compute a rolling 60-day average (900 aggregate) for each caliber.  I also keep a "theoretical" best which would be my aggregate if I shot all of my best matches on the same day.  Goals...

On a match day with a mediocre aggregate, I sometimes find a string or match with a personal best.  Although it's necessary to analyze the poor shooting, I like to invest time reflecting on what I was doing RIGHT at some point in the day to try to get the brain/body system to do those things more often.
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Re: pistol scorebook?

Post by john bickar on 4/6/2015, 6:59 pm

CR10X wrote:I use a score book for tracking scores for matches.  I have about 18 years worth now.

N00b.

Razz
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by djm026 on 4/6/2015, 7:09 pm

Please send me a copy.
Dougjmbuilders@comcast.net
Thanks

djm026

Back to top Go down

Post by noproblem on 4/27/2016, 3:58 pm

Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

noproblem

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 4/28/2016, 6:53 pm

noproblem wrote:Does anyone here still have this spread sheet that they can share.  please PM a link for download

If you have questions PM me.

- Dave

Sorry couldn't upload it - no space, I'll post a link.  The link is for the one I posted in 2014.  I have an updated version I can email you, either PM me or respond with your email address.

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/download.forum?id=432
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 4/28/2016, 7:44 pm

Apparently this is what he is looking for.

james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FelipeFischer on 3/23/2018, 7:53 pm

If you can please send me the score card if it's still available ?

FelipeFischer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil H on 3/24/2018, 10:19 am

Here is a copy of the one that I made up in Word.

I liked the one that you use to could buy  Since I could not find it anymore I copied the basic design and added a couple of things.

I buy the “Write in the Rain” 8.5”x 11” blank paper for my printer and print the sheets off on them. This way it is water proof (just incase it ever rains at Perry). The pages are offset for binding, I print say 10 pages of page 1 then flip it over and send it back through the printer printing page 2. Cut them in half and now you have 20 pages with front and back entries (40). Then I bind them.

With it cut down to this size it stores in the little clipboard that Champions Choice sell
Attachments
Score Book Cover.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(35 Kb) Downloaded 19 times
Score book page 1.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 28 times
Score book page 2.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 19 times

Neil H

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 3/24/2018, 12:38 pm

I just keep my match results in the notepad of my phone, I keep the date, location and results of each caliber. I haven't gone as far as recording each shot but haven't seen the need yet. Plus keeping the overall scores make it much quicker to look through all my previous matches and see trends in my scores.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall on 3/24/2018, 5:12 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I just keep my match results in the notepad of my phone, I keep the date, location and results of each caliber. I haven't gone as far as recording each shot but haven't seen the need yet. Plus keeping the overall scores make it much quicker to look through all my previous matches and see trends in my scores.
My recommendation is to record only good shots, if you do record shots.  Kind of a positive reinforcement...

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum