Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remsport Custom Lower

3 posters

Go down

Remsport Custom Lower Empty Remsport Custom Lower

Post by mparker Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:38 pm

I probably should have posted this before I made this commitment but here's what I've contracted to do with a local gunsmith whose work I've seen and like. I understand that the large majority of high end custom makers use Remsport frames.

The Build
I have two Nelson Custom uppers in 22LR. One has a scope rail and threaded barrel. The other is more characteristic with adjustable open sights and unthreaded barrel. Both are 5".

For the scoped version I have mounted an Ultradot 30mm. I am having the smith build out a complete lower for it with a Remsport frame, and all Wilson Combat components (ambi-safety, mag release, flat MSH, wide skeletonized curved target trigger, commander hammer, etc.). The grips will be either RoCo or custom made Vitarbos so no mag well will be necessary. I have both and will deliver them to him next week.

I saw a similar build in .45 he did for the owner of the LGS/Range where he works and was impressed with the ascetics and ergonomics.

Once I've tested it with a few hundred rounds I plan to have another identical build done for the open sight version.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on my choice of frame, components, etc. Maybe the second build should be different.

mparker

Back to top Go down

Remsport Custom Lower Empty Re: Remsport Custom Lower

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:49 pm

I've built .22 conversions on Caspian, Colt, STI, Springfield, Essex and Foster frames. Frame isn't critical to conversion build. Boils down to having excellent trigger job. I personally wouldn't sweat the frame.

Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:55 am

+1 on what Jon said.  The things I've found that have to addressed are magazines and the mag catch.  Make sure the mag is held where it needs to be to allow 100% feeding.  The trigger goes without saying.  Got to give the shooter what he wants in the trigger or it makes no difference how good the gun shoots, they won't be able to get the potential out of it.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mparker Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks guys.

I talked to the smith at length about my likes and dislikes (read peculiarities). He knows just what I want from a 1911 trigger. He's handled my STI Trojan.

More comments are welcome.

mparker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down