Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver?

4 posters

Go down

What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver? Empty What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver?

Post by knightimac 3/26/2014, 10:34 am

Hi

I sold most of my BE equipment a few years back due to some major illness and a need for cash.

Back in 90s and early 2000s, I did shoot a 625 revolver with red dot in about a dozen 2700s here in PA and NJ.

I'm looking to get back into the sport.

If I buy another 625 and put a dot on it, is it legal for Harry Reeves match at CP?

As far as the Distinguished revolver match at CP goes, should I get 38 stock revolver of is the 625 without dot Ok for that One?

One more question.  Since I'm shooting a revolver, isn't a 2.5 pound trigger OK even in 45?  Do the rules specify only 45 auto as having 3.5 pound trigger?

I look forward to your help.

Paul
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver? Empty Re: What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver?

Post by LenV 3/26/2014, 10:41 am

Taking the questions in reverse order. 1. yes the 2.5 lb trigger is legal for the 45 match with a revolver. 2.No, you can't use the 625 in the DSR match. It has to be able to fire 38 special. 3. Yes,the 625 with dot is legal for the Reeves match ( I shoot a 25-2).
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver? Empty Re: What is legal for Harry Reeves? Distinguished revolver?

Post by knightimac 3/26/2014, 10:57 am

Many thanks for your help my friend.

I've been looking at revolvers the last couple of weeks.

Might go for  a another 625 and maybe a 586 as well.

best regards.
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/26/2014, 11:56 am

Good choices, A model 14,any dash prior to the -8 is also a good choice for DSR. Try to avoid the 14-8. They are not made with the same quality as the older pistols.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/26/2014, 12:06 pm

i'm still waiting to find out if the WEIGAND rear sight blade for S&W's that's allowed for PPC distinguished is allowed for EIC matches...
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/26/2014, 4:05 pm

James, If you mean DSR instead of E.I.C then probably not.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/26/2014, 4:22 pm

I saw a rule clarification about some sort of rear sight blade that was ruled "legal" for DR matches....if I could remember where I saw that.......
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/26/2014, 7:02 pm

There is a clarification for PPC DR matches

http://ppc.nra.org/documents/pdf/law/competitions/bulletin13-1.pdf

but, I've not heard anything about NRA Distinguished Revolver ...

and, I meant DR not EIC... thanks
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down