Contender on Bullseye Forum ? ? ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contender on Bullseye Forum ? ? ?

Post by George Saunders on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:46 pm

PREFACE: I have a variety of Contender barrels which I use to test new loads rather than risk harming an expensive BE gun.  (Yes, Contender barrels come in 45 ACP)

PROBLEM: My Contender frame has taken to not releasing the barrel.  The only way to get it out of the frame, or to load another round, is to disassemble the frame.

REQUEST: Does anyone have experience with Contenders that exhibit this trait?  I would love to hear your experience and possible solutions.

SPECIAL NOTE: Back in the old days of the BE Forum I met Steve and Bev Allen from North Dakota on the forum.  I live in California.  Over the years we have not met...but, our families have become life long friends.

/s/ GEORGE

George Saunders

Back to top Go down

Re: Contender on Bullseye Forum ? ? ?

Post by 243winxb on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:25 am

I never found out why, when a brand new Contender did the same thing. Had to take the frame apart to get the barrel off. Worked normal after that. I would like to know the answer also.

243winxb

Back to top Go down

Post by HUGHT on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 am

I suggest you look at WWW.bellmtcs.com Mike covers everything you ever wanted to know about a TC contender
HUGHT

HUGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle on Sat May 10, 2014 8:45 pm

#1 Make sure your barrels have a 2 piece bolt.  If not get one and put it in your barrel.  TC used to send these out for the asking but I don't think S&W will let them do that anymore.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum