WTB - DR gun

Go down

WTB - DR gun

Post by straybrit on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:16 pm

So - having advanced from abysmal to merely awful with a service pistol I feel like it's time for another challenge. Next on the list is distinguished revolver. I've had a couple of 'possible' guns get away from me before I could close the deal - so - has anyone got a DR gun that they don't want any more? FTF in TX would be easiest but I have a tame FFL.

Thanks
Derek

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB - DR gun

Post by james r chapman on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:58 pm

None here, but, I'd suggest find a S&W mod 14-2 if possible. Target trigger and hammer if going s,a or one of the thin factory triggers if d.a is your thing.

Jmho
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah - that's the area I've been looking in. The 'issue' (for want of a better word) is that they are available on gunbroker etc - but I have no way of knowing how well they will perform in competition. So I have to expect to spend time + money getting it sorted. I'd rather buy one from 'the community' where I have a much better chance of getting something that will work as described.

Unfortunately for that wonderful plan - it appears that no-one has one that they are willing to part with :-)

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

you need to find a local LEO that's into PPC. most of them had mod 14's around for distinguished before semi autos took over...
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:29 pm

I have found that many retired cops have 14s in their safes.  After all the years they haven't looked at them, if you know some old cops, they might be willing to part with them.
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum