Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to see

+4
DavidR
Al
Rob Kovach
FaisalYamin
8 posters

Go down

Glad to see Empty Glad to see

Post by FaisalYamin Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 pm

this forum grow so much Smile
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Glad to see Empty Re: Glad to see

Post by Rob Kovach Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 pm

It's been a long time FaisalYamin!  Glad to see you back!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Wed May 21, 2014 7:05 am

Ditto, good to hear from you again.
Are you still on the DR hunt?
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 am

welcome back,but I see you are selling out, you should just put it all in storage and come back when you are older, it costs way more to aquire the good stuff later, been there done that.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisalYamin Wed May 21, 2014 7:22 am

You are right David - but sometimes its fun to buy again Smile
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

FaisalYamin wrote:this forum grow so much Smile

This begs the question, where are these people? Why is match shooting suffering from lack of participation?

Is age a factor? Can the age of forum members be averaged?

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisalYamin Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

I think its State Laws making supplies etc. difficult or next to impossible to get
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Escape Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 am

Colt711 wrote:
FaisalYamin wrote:this forum grow so much Smile

This begs the question, where are these people? Why is match shooting suffering from lack of participation?

Is age a factor? Can the age of forum members be averaged?

Ron Habegger

Speaking only for myself.....

Age is a small part of my not going to many (OK, any besides my local club) matches.

Ability is also a small factor as I have found that competition shooters are very welcoming and helpful no matter how poorly the 'new guy' performs.

Cost is perhaps the major constraint for me, I have been through the High-Power Rifle mill and enjoyed the heck out of it until the floaters in my eyes left little time to aim. Bought the Service Rifle, Bolt (Match) Rifle, Long Range rifle, etc. But I was still working then and would finance those purchases while knowing that I could (eventually) pay for them. Now retired, I find that my major living expenses are fuel and ammo leaving not a lot more in the bank for everything else.

Still, I missed competition shooting and decided to investigate my club's league. Good shots, some perhaps not even as good as me, all friendly and helpful, I am probably here to stay (as long as health sticks more or less around). This time around however I am trying to keep my purchases under control. I don't have the driving need to be the best which helps (somewhat) with not 'having' to purchase the latest and best guns and I can live with being listed down on the lower half of the league bulletin. I really enjoy the time spent in the company of shooters and that keeps me coming back when I could just go down the road a half mile and shoot on my own.

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 am

I was 63 years old when I started shooting Bullseye. I am now 65.
I started in a postal league at my club. Well, actually it is an email league. LOL.

I shoot in the spring and summer leagues as well.

My eyes are not as good as they were when I was in my 20's but they are not bad. Slight astigmatism  keeps me guessing what part of the dot  I should put on the bull. LOL. But that's ok.

My ophthalmologist is a shooter and says I should just pick the best part of the dot. He has astigmatism too. Not sure that's true but...oh well.

For me, it is a relaxing night out with other shooters.

This year it was good seeing several new shooters participate.
Yiogo

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Sun May 25, 2014 4:47 am

Faisal, looking forward to learning from you. Hopefully, you will continue. Smile Jawge

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by rfmiller Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 am

Bruce & Yiogo,
After college I was the "hot shot" firearms instructor for my police department and could regularly clean our qualification course.  A career change, a kid and who knows what else took me away from shooting for almost 30 years.  But I started again.  I shoot practical (USPSA), sporting clays, rimfire challenge and of course, bullseye.  I had to let my ego take a back seat and admit I wasn't 25 anymore.  I can't see as well, my reflexes aren't as good.  And I hurt by the end of a 2700.  But I love shooting.  I have to remind myself that the shooting and the people are why I'm here, not my final score.  At least I win Marksman class on occasion.

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Sat May 31, 2014 7:10 am

I hear ya, RF. I had to put my outdoor life on hold until my daughters were off and doing things on their own. God and family first.

I did, of course, enjoy shooting in the Army and did shoot as a youngster. That was a long time ago.

My shooting is improving. I started with a 190 average a few years ago indoors at 50' and am now shooting 246 at 25 yards for the GMC with a  Model 41, Ultradot and Herter grip.

I started with a Mark 111 right out of the box which incidentally I purchased as my first firearm. It is a very good pistol but the Mod 41 is special. Fits me well. Great trigger.

Just as an aside, even seems like shooting is becoming a rich man's activity considering the price of ammo and a decent Bullseye pistol with mods. I could not a have afforded it 45 years ago. Too bad.

I do admire those that can shoot irons but the rear sight just does not have enough adjustment for my astigmatism even with glasses. Smile

I thank God I can still enjoy the outdoors.

I just want to have fun. LOL. I sound like Cindy Lauper.

Yiogo

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiogo Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 am

RF, we are going to host a state championship, as we did last year. I believe it will be a 2700. If I participate it will be for 22 only. No CF or 45. LOL. One thing at a time.
I do want to try for sharpshooter by the end of the summer for GMC at 25 yards. We are NRA sanctioned.
I hope you  continue to enjoy shooting.
Yiogo

Yiogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum