Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp?

4 posters

Go down

Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp? Empty Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp?

Post by chiltech500 5/23/2014, 3:11 pm

Does anyone know or have heard about the Ruger Blackawk 45lc/45acp in terms of accuracy?

Thanks, Bernie

chiltech500

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp? Empty Re: Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp?

Post by Bubba Blaster 5/23/2014, 4:54 pm

I have Two, a Bisley 45LC / 45 ACP and a Standard Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP.Both shoot great . Big heavy guns that can handle stout loads. I love em. Very accurate.

Bubba Blaster

Back to top Go down

Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp? Empty Re: Accuracy of Ruger Blackhawk in 45 acp?

Post by JayhawkNavy02 5/25/2014, 7:04 am

I have an older Ruger, it is more accurate than the one my brother just bought.  I was disappointed in his.  Being an assembly line pistol, he may have just got a lemon and the trigger is straight terrible.  I'm not sure what the alternative is however?  The good part is that they're cheap and durable so you can send it to David Sams and he can make into a lazer beam if yours isn't up to the level of your expectation or your unlucky like my sibling.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on 5/25/2014, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 5/25/2014, 7:19 pm

The 45 Colt has a history of issues with the throats.  You name it, undersize, oversize, multiple size...  All the throats need to be the same and they need to be larger than the barrel bore diameter.  In recent years I believe Ruger throats have gotten much better.  Trigger?  While there are lots of fine aftermarket psrts  available nothing helps like a good professional trigger job.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down