Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodsman Match Target

5 posters

Go down

Woodsman Match Target Empty Woodsman Match Target

Post by jbking 5/23/2014, 10:29 pm

I am new to bullesye. Does anyone put a dot on Colt Match Targets if not... why? I have never seen one.

jbking

Back to top Go down

Woodsman Match Target Empty Re: Woodsman Match Target

Post by Rob Kovach 5/23/2014, 10:57 pm

Contact these guys and see if they have an idea of a mount that would work on that gun.
http://www.bme-mounts.com/about.html
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/24/2014, 6:25 am

Kinda like putting a spoiler on a rolls Royce?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 5/24/2014, 8:18 pm

I love Woodsmans, photo attached as evidence, even though one is actually a Huntsman, but its also the most accurate in the group, even though it is the least "collectable".  But IMO, for me, no way would I use a dot, the long barrel, depending on your model provides terrific sight radius, but the trigger can have a really stiff break.  If your MT is in really nice condition, like mine (near mint), I wouldn't even begin to consider it, why destroy the value?  The extra long barrel and weight was designed to support the open sights.  The only problem for me using mine was that magazines are a PITA to find and when or if the gun goes down, gunsmiths charge an arm and a leg to fix those little jewels.  I had a breakage on my MT and the smith had to machine the parts to fix it for $$$ and I'm about to send mine in again for a total spring change while Wolff still makes them. 

Congrats on owning one of the best looking 22s ever made and if it shoots like most MT, every bit the equal of the S&W Model 41 that copied it.  I love shooting mine in BE, but it can be a entertaining as everyone wants to see the Match Target, it feels like you're holding a unicorn that shoots lightening bolts out its arse and everyone wants to hold the magical beast, followed by the "why are you shooting a collectors piece..."  Now I just shoot a Nelson Conversion.  Very accurate and I don't have to worry about dinging it up, but man can that old pistol shoot and a beauty to boot!
Oh, and if you have good, OEM, Colt magazines, "E" series for yours, I'll buy them from you   lol!

The Pony Stable Smile

Woodsman Match Target Photo-1_zpsbef06c8d

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on 5/25/2014, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 5/25/2014, 12:56 am

Magazines?

I have 5.  4 are newish with plastic followers, I think unused.  One with metal follower.  $25 each?

PM me
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 5/25/2014, 6:35 am

PM Sent.

A very big and appreciated Thank You Sir!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down