Roll Trigger Kits

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roll Trigger Kits

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 5/27/2014, 4:50 pm

Well folks it's that time.  Competition Trigger Components (CTC) would like to introduce our roll trigger kit.  This kit includes a hammer with strut installed, sear and disconnector.  The hammer is called the Battleaxe because of the shape of the spur and it has our proprietary hook geometry.  The sear started out as a Chuck Warner TR sear, and we now have Chuck making our proprietary secondary on his sear for our company.  The disconnector is EE "race" low mass model.

The kits should be in hand the first week in June.  The complete kit is $205.00 shipped and the hammer is available by itself for $100.00 shipped.  We will have a CMP legal hammer with our hook geometry available as well.

If you would like to pre-order a kit you can send me an email at ctriggerc@gmail.com or give me a call at 843-267-3773

We will be at Camp Perry working out of Larry Carters space on venders row.  Kit's will be available there as well until we sell out.

Last edited by kc.crawford.7 on 5/27/2014, 6:03 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : adding pics)
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll Trigger Kits

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/3/2014, 6:55 am

Folks I'm going to make a request.  For those of you that are planning on paying with a credit card please call me between 5-7 PM so I can get all the information I need to process your transactions.

Thanks for the amazing amount of interest and support that has been shown!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

KC......Tom here/Beaufort SC

Post by TAJ45 on 6/3/2014, 6:33 pm

It is good to see you are in the thick of it.  Those look like some well finished parts - that coming from an older, retired toolmaker.

If I was headed to CPerry, I'd look you up.  Maybe next year.

You better put the crew(s) on OT, yer gonna sell out.  Tom

TAJ45

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/9/2014, 4:43 am

Folks there was a slight delay with the sears.  I should have them in hand by Wednesday.  If you want to pay with a credit card please give me a call either 5-7 on Thursday evening or pretty much all day on Friday and I'll get the kits into the mail.

Thanks for the interest and support!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 6/16/2014, 9:32 pm

Just finished installing 3 kits in my Les Baers, a Premier II with a Nelson 22 Conversion, 45 Wad Gun and my Hardballer (with proper EIC hammer).  Same exact feel in all 3 triggers except for weight of course.

Extremely smooth roll release.  Trigger weights were within 1/4 lb of where they were before the conversion.  One needed a slight stoning on the safety to clear properly (common) and the 2 beavertails needed a little more clearance for the hammer - very very simple install.

Dry fired each one for about 15min - love the triggers!

Last edited by dronning on 6/18/2014, 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck26287 on 6/17/2014, 9:10 pm

I just installed my two kits.  Put one in my Dad's Les Baer Wad Gun for Father's Day, and one in mine as well.  My comments below are based on dry fire and function tests, as I haven't been able to live fire check them yet.

I also had to make a little more clearance for the hammer at the beavertails.  Also had to adjust the tab on the trigger bow of my Dad's to allow the triger to slide a little further forward in the trigger bow grooves so the disconnector could properly engage with the sear so it would release the hammer when the trigger was pulled.  Both very basic fittings.

Both triggers were lighter after initial install, requiring a slight sear spring tension adjustment to put it at about 5 oz heavier than the 3.5 lb minimum.  I figure as the pieces mate up from  dry firing a while, they will probably get just a bit lighter, and closer to the 3.5 lbs.

VERY nice and smooth roll and release in both guns.  We attended a Zins/Moody clinic last February, and now these guns will allow us to truly apply the technique they teach.  After a little dry fire, I know my scores will go up a bit just by eliminating one or two of my trigger yanks I have every match with the very crisp trigger I was shooting (usually a 5-ringer, or just outside it for a miss).  I find myself wanting to feel movement, and after so long of applying pressure and not feeling movement, I would just make the movement.  Never a good thing.

The one extreme dissappointment I have after feeling these roll triggers is I didn't have enough faith to order the third one initially.  Now I'm not going to be satisfied until I get one of these in my 1911 with the Nelson/Marvel .22 conversion.

Bottom line... these guys have a product here that delivers.  If you're thinking about it, stop thinking and do it.  You'll be glad you did.

Chuck26287

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/18/2014, 7:03 am

I would like to thank dronning and chuck for your kind words.  It's nice to hear that what we are trying to achieve is actually happening.  Again gentlemen, thank you very much.
On that note, we are out of sears at the moment.  I should have some more in before the end of the month to have kits available at Camp Perry.  So if you're interested in a trigger kit and not going to be able to make it to Camp Perry give me a call the middle of July when I get back and we'll get things going again with orders.  If you would like to "pre order" a kit, you can send a check and as soon as I have everything together again I will get it shipped out.

Thanks again for all the support and interest in our new trigger parts!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/24/2014, 6:57 am

Well folks I got word yesterday that sears and the rest of the parts were shipping today.  There will be a total of 40 kits available for sale at Camp Perry.  That is a combination of both Battle Axe and CMP kits.  I will also be able to build your trigger on site if you want more or less roll that what the kit provides.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing everyone at Perry this year.  Thank you for your support!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke on 6/24/2014, 9:48 am

KC, I will be at Perry and I'm very interested in the CMP kit. Will you have a sample setup that I can try to dry fire and see how it feels?
Also, will there be blued CMP hammers? I'd prefer a blued one strictly for esthetic reasons, but if not, no big deal, I guess I can use some cold blue.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/24/2014, 10:41 am

Yes my wad gun will be available to check out the feel.  And that is not going to be the end all for the way it will feel in your pistol.  But it should give a good idea.  No there are no blue steel parts.  They are carbon steel, but I don't know how well they would take cold blue.
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales on 6/24/2014, 3:44 pm

I got mine.  I like it.  The hammer on the CMP seems really unlikely to give hammer bite which is nice.  Most spur hammers bite me.
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/24/2014, 4:25 pm

Glad you're happy Dewey!  That is the reason we went with the spur hammer we did.  It's a much shorter spur than most hammers.  Keeps it legal for CMP and much less chance of getting hammer bite from your ball gun.
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/30/2014, 7:12 am

Well I now have a total of 40 kits that will be going to Camp Perry with me next week.  I also have additional hammers and sears to be able to build the length of roll you want.  Come on by Larry's Guns and say hello.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and saying hello!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 6/30/2014, 9:32 am

Will the shorter spur work with a beavertail? It would be great if it did. I can see a time in the future when I would be putting a different grip safety back on the ball gun.
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 6/30/2014, 10:35 am

No the spur hammer will not work with a beavertail.  It is to wide to fit down in the cutout.
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit on 7/15/2014, 9:35 pm

Got mine fitted between the individual and the team 45 matches. Changed ammo from reloads to Zero for the team match as well. It's a long story  Embarassed  However, the roll is exactly what I think I need and once I got the jacketed ammo sighted in I had a fine time shooting tens and X's on the long line.

I can heartily recommend.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 7/15/2014, 10:42 pm

Just narrow the hammer with a file and finish stone it to work with a beavertail grip safety. That's what I would do.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/16/2014, 9:10 pm

Got mine installed.  Works as advertised.  Parts were well made, smooth as glass.

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by 172snowhawk on 7/17/2014, 9:07 am

Picked up KC's trigger kit at Camp Perry.  Excellent quality with a very smooth roll.

172snowhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 7/17/2014, 9:47 am

Thank you again for the kind words folks.  Still have kits available to ship.  They're not going anywhere, this will be a "stock" item on the web site.  Thank you all for the support!
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by DR 1701 on 7/20/2014, 8:56 pm

Had KC install his kit while at Camp Perry. Very nice set up. Very satisfied. Jim

DR 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Campbell on 8/18/2014, 2:24 pm

KC just fit his new kit in both my Mountain Competition Pistol and My Rock River NM hardball gun.

Of course the triggers are super, but that's no surprise based on the comments in this thread.

The real surprise was that when I arrived at his shop, thinking that he would spend a little while with me and I would leave the guns, he stopped what he was doing and spent about 4 hours putting the triggers in, explaining to me what he was doing, working on one of my S&W 41s, and generally being a good guy. He also took a quick look at a couple of guns that I had concerns about and said that what I was looking at was no problem. (I guess the reason they have not been shooting perfectly is me. That's not a surprise.)

There are lots of gunsmiths out there, some good and some not so good, but there are very few good ones who can, or will, spend that sort of time with a customer. KC is one who will. If you need something done, particularly if you are close to his shop, he should be on the top of your list.

Allan Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post by JLK on 8/18/2014, 3:03 pm

+1
JLK

Back to top Go down

Post by teg2658 on 8/22/2014, 10:04 am

What is the life in rounds fired of the hammer/sear before needing to be replaced or recut? This would be in a slide mount wad gun.
Thanks,
Tom Ginovsky

teg2658

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 8/22/2014, 10:42 am

Tom, I really can't answer that question. I truly don't think that the type of gun will make any difference. One dedicated lower for a Marvel has well over 8K rounds through it. If I had to make a guess I would say that you could expect at least 10K rounds without any problems at all, and I believe that is a VERY conservative number.

The parts have only been out for a little bit better than 2 months.  The 4 test or beta guns have not had any problems that I know of.  And the 8K total is from one of those pistols.
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum