Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullet lube options - question for casters

+3
243winxb
Bubba Blaster
inthebeech
7 posters

Go down

Bullet lube options - question for casters Empty Bullet lube options - question for casters

Post by inthebeech 6/22/2014, 4:15 pm

What are you guys using for lube for your 45's?
I'm getting tired of making my own, but I have no clue since I have been for so long. And of course, heading in to the warm months, it needs to be a warm weather product.  I don't mind having to heat my lubrisizer to get it to flow.  
Thanks,
Ed
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Bullet lube options - question for casters Empty Re: Bullet lube options - question for casters

Post by Bubba Blaster 6/22/2014, 5:32 pm

http://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16&zenid=a903114031c31671106e77048696cca1

I like this stuff ,it's less sticky than alox/beeswax. If it's above 60* in my basement I don't have to use a heater.

Bubba Blaster

Back to top Go down

Bullet lube options - question for casters Empty Re: Bullet lube options - question for casters

Post by 243winxb 6/22/2014, 11:59 pm

Bullet lube options - question for casters 50-50-tube-01I found this lube to be to hard for my Lyman 450 sizer @ 60 degrees. I now need a heater. Been casting for 40+ years, never had this problem with many other NRA 50/50 type lubes. Maybe i got a bad batch??
243winxb
243winxb

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie_seablom 6/24/2014, 1:24 am

I've been using lsstuff's BAC for several years with no problems.

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 6/24/2014, 5:58 am

I ordered some BAC.
Looks good.
Thanks, and my wife tahnks you for getting her double boiler back.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 6/24/2014, 8:05 am

charlie_seablom wrote:I've been using lsstuff's BAC for several years with no problems.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by KenO 6/25/2014, 10:30 pm

Same here, been using this stuff since he started making it, and selling it on the Cast Boolit forum.

I prefer his Carnauba Red lube, its requires a heater plate under your lubesizer. I don't know what the heater plate cost now, but I bought mine years ago on sale at Midway for $30, probably much more now.

The advantage of the harder lube is the brass wont pick up dirt. The softer lubes are wet inside the brass after firing, and attract dirt. Not a big problem in Bullseye because we use a brass collector. But, when I shot IPSC and IDPA, brass is spayed all over the range, and it would have sand glued to the inside of brass as it cools.

KenO

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj 7/2/2014, 3:37 am

Lee Liquid Alox is all I have used for years. I ran a bunch of tests in the '70s and found that unsized, as-cast bullets were as good or more accurate than sized. You can try this yourself.
Never had any problem with dirt sticking in the case--tumbling took care of it if there was.
If I had to size/lube, I would go with White Label BAC first--haven't personally tried it, but I can't see any the Beeswax, Alox grease (not LLA--which is really a rust-preventative barrier coat/undercoating/sealant), and Carnauba wax wouldn't make a great combination.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 7/5/2014, 8:49 am

The BAC is a bit soft for the warm months. In the future this will be my cold season lube and I'll pick up some C Red for warm months. Zero leading however.  Good stuff. Thanks guys.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down