WTB Wad Gun

Go down

WTB Wad Gun

Post by Bill Treanor on 7/22/2011, 12:07 pm

Dear shooters:

I had a nice wad gun built by David Santurri that was stolen from my hotel room at Camp Perry. I would like to replace it with one of similar quality (price around $1000 to $1200). If you have an extra that you are willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks, Bill

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB Wad Gun

Post by Founder on 7/22/2011, 9:49 pm

This is sad, of all the places you think your guns would be safe. Was this in town or actually on site?

Sorry for your loss,

Joe
Founder

http://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Treanor on 7/23/2011, 9:39 am

Hi Joe- It was at the Best Western in Port Clinton. In addition to the .45 wad gun, they also stole my nice Walther GSP .22 and my Walther GSP Expert .32 along with my gun box, spotting scope, etc.

The worst part of the whole affair was that it was an inside job- the police investigator had the card key lock to my room analyzed and found that a master key was used to gain access to my room during the period when the gun box was stolen. (I was back at Perry shooting my air pistol).

It's still under investigation, but needless to say I will never stay there again. They didn't even comp one night's stay after they found out that the theft was caused by one of their employees.

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on 7/23/2011, 10:37 am

Did you have any type of insurance? I would be on the corporate level with best western looking for a whole lot more than a free night! Being they have proof it was an employe, a good lawyer can get you much more than the value of the guns would be my guess as that thief could just as well been a murderer entering your room. Good luck with this and keep us posted.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sapoznik on 7/23/2011, 3:43 pm

I used to work with a hotel which became a part of the Best Western chain and, because they are all individually owned and operated, there is no "corporate level" per se to go to. You have to put the lean on the individual(s) who actually own the hotel; they are the ones who (should) carry liability insurance to more than
cover circumstances just like this one.
Henry Sapoznik

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Treanor on 7/23/2011, 6:51 pm

Thanks for the advice and well-wishes, everyone.

The hotel's liability insurance company contacted me to get my version of the story (identical to the police report). Their person told me that the hotel insurance company would only pay if it was proven that the hotel was proven negligent. However, my own homeowner insurance policy is going to cover the loss (minus the $500 deductible). It is my hope (in addition to recovering my guns) that that my insurance company will recoup their loss from the hotel's insurance company.

I also want to warn everyone about my experience at this Best Western.

Thanks and I will keep everyone posted with the latest developments.

Bill

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on 7/23/2011, 11:49 pm

I use to stay at best westerns, comfort inns and the like. But have found the Holiday Inn Express and Country Inn and Suites to be worth the extra coin.

I am sure this will work out for you somehow Bill. I hope the guns are recovered intact, unless you wanted new ones?
Founder

http://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp on 7/25/2011, 6:52 am

I suggest informing the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce. The had info on places to stay that they were handing out at the reception after the First Shot Ceremony at Perry.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Treanor on 7/26/2011, 5:27 pm

Joe- Thanks for the well-wishes. If the guns are recovered, I will be a happy camper!

Dave- Thanks for that suggestion. I will contact them in addition to the CMP and the NRA.

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

Post by mgoodman on 7/27/2011, 9:55 pm

Bill:
Just a thought, Champions Choice has a Les Baer Wad gun in stock that Les brought to Perry for him to sell. Its more than you listed you want to spend, but is a good gun.
Best of Luck,
Marty G. Cookeville
mgoodman

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C on 7/27/2011, 10:57 pm

Bill,

I was very sorry to hear the news when you came into the trailer that day. From time to time clients have guns for sale in your price range as they are selling stuff in anticipation of getting their new ones from me. If that happens in the near future you will be the first person called.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you and thank you for coming by at Perry to meet me and allow me to work on your guns.

Sincerely

Joe C

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike on 7/30/2011, 10:13 am

Don't forget the firearms insurance that you get by being a member of the NRA. It may cover your $500 deductible.
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Update

Post by Bill Treanor on 8/2/2011, 5:05 pm

Thanks for all the well-wishes and advice. I was contacted by Best Western's insurance company yesterday and they informed me that they would cover this loss. This is better than having my homeowner's cover it because there won't be a $500 deductible. Hopefully, they will treat me right and won't try to haggle over the value of the guns too much.

And to Joe- thanks so much for your help in getting the trigger job done so quickly on my backup .45 at Perry. I was able to shoot some of my personal best rapid fire targets with it up at Perry. You've certainly earned my business for the future.

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum