Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter

+2
rvlvrlvr
farmboy
6 posters

Go down

Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter Empty Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter

Post by farmboy 8/11/2014, 3:18 pm

Does any one know where to buy the rubber band that some use to hold the UV filter in place on their 1" Ultradots.
I have been to hardware, automotive, appliance, paper and Office depot stores.  No one seems to carry any thing like it.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter Empty Re: Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter

Post by rvlvrlvr 8/11/2014, 3:36 pm

Use a piece of tape (masking tape, electrical tape, even duct tape) - peel it back to make an adjustment, then re-stick it when it's 'good'.

Also make sure the filters themselves are secured in the filter body - if one or both polarized filters are loose, they can rotate under recoil and change the amount of light coming through. Some people have used a small dab of superglue for this.

Or just remove the outer filter + ring altogether and use the single polarized filter as a shade - it works well enough to cut down glare on really bright days (like on the black-on-true-white L-targets used at the Walt Wise Memorial Police-L Pistol Match up in Harrisburg, PA in the fall) without needing to worry whether the other filter will rotate under recoil.
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter Empty Re: Rubberbands used on red dot UV filter

Post by DavidR 8/11/2014, 3:50 pm

the bands are made for holding lobster claws shut, larrys guns has them but they only stop the plastic ring from turning most times its the lens inside that rotates, take a toothpick and put a dab of super glue on the edge of the inside lens this will keep it in place, then to adjust polarizer you turn the outside piece, if it starts to turn get one of the bands or a piece of tape will work to keep it where you want it.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnusbullets 8/11/2014, 4:22 pm

Email me. Got a bag full of the bands here. Will send you some free. Use them on my scopes. Glue lens inside one and outside.

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 8/11/2014, 4:35 pm

Or get your own by competing in the Lobster Match.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 8/11/2014, 10:14 pm

Magnusbullets wrote:Email me. Got a bag full of the bands here. Will send you some free. Use them on my scopes. Glue lens inside one and outside.
Thanks - I saw Davids post and ordered a bag before I saw your post - but thanks anyway for the offer bounce
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 8/11/2014, 10:40 pm

DavidR wrote:the bands are made for holding lobster claws shut, larrys guns has them but they only stop the plastic ring from turning most times its the lens inside that rotates, take a toothpick and put a dab of super glue on the edge of the inside lens this will keep it in place, then to adjust polarizer you turn the outside piece, if it starts to turn get one of the bands or a piece of tape will work to keep it where you want it.
Thanks DavidR
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp 8/12/2014, 6:47 am

10-speed bicycle tube.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr 8/12/2014, 6:50 am

davekp wrote:10-speed bicycle tube.

I have tons of those in my garage! And I use strips of inner-tube rubber for other gun-related things already - clever!
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 8/12/2014, 7:43 am

Once the tube is installed on the dot, doesn't hang all the way to the ground? Very Happy
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp 8/13/2014, 7:40 am

AllAces wrote:

Once the tube is installed on the dot, doesn't hang all the way to the ground? Very Happy

Keep the day job!

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down