Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer

+8
markj
Colt711
GrumpyOldMan
Fire Escape
JayhawkNavy02
bdutton
beeser
dronning
12 posters

Go down

Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer Empty Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer

Post by dronning Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 am

Still haven't seen any CCI STD vel. around but it seems several of the slightly more expensive alternatives aren't flying off the shelf as fast.

Season winding down? 
Panic over?
Mfg. catching up?
People don't have anywhere to store any more ammo?  lol!

No matter what it is encouraging!

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer Empty Re: Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer

Post by beeser Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:16 pm

One of our local gun shops had a couple of pallets of Fiocchi .22lr in plastic ammo boxes.  I think there were a little over 3000 rounds per box.  A lot of it was still there a week later.  That's a dramatic shift in supply from a week earlier.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer Empty Re: Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 pm

Fair amount in stores around here.

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by bdutton Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Shelves at Walmart are dusty.
bdutton
bdutton

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Our local Gander Mountain does well, but Wal-Mart and there are about 5 in my local area are ghost towns.  I've only seen CCI STD in the 50 round packs and you can only get 2 per person Sad
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Escape Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 am

I'd love to see CCI std in 50 packs again (100s would be a dream!), it's been over a year since my LGS had them (that I have seen) regularly even with a two box limit. I found a 100 pack of .22 short last week and was told that I could buy two boxes (Marlin 39A) but they were sold out when I got back to that side of the shop. The only thing I have seen on a regular basis is the CCI, Quiet, Segmented, at $7.95 for 50 they don't fly off the shelf but I have not gotten desperate enough (yet) to buy them.

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

One LGS has had .22 on the shelf for probably 4 weeks straight. Two boxes of Uber-Match at $11.50 for a box of 50. Might be RWS. They probably have the rest of a brick in the back (they tend to put only a little of .22 and of powder on display, not the whole stock...).

Another one is getting 50+ bricks 2-4 times a month and typically sells out before noon.

WalMart? They say they get some on certain mornings about 07:00 but the line of people waiting for it still keeps any from getting on the shelves.

So in this part of the west, "staying on the shelf" for .22 RF is a matter of minutes and hours for all but the $2+ per shot ammo.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 pm

dronning wrote:Still haven't seen any CCI STD vel. around but it seems several of the slightly more expensive alternatives aren't flying off the shelf as fast.

Season winding down? 
Panic over?
Mfg. catching up?
People don't have anywhere to store any more ammo?  lol!

No matter what it is encouraging!

- Dave
It shouldn't come as any surprise the only .22 rf ammo we see in quite a while is high end. With all tht is heard  of ammo going for $70 to 100 a brick at gun shows and flea markets the mfgr's must reason if the public is wiling to pay that price that is what they will provide.

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by markj Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:42 pm

On a local forum I read that several Atlanta area Dicks sporting goods had gotten shipments of CCI SV. I don't usually shop for anything at Dicks, but I was down to my last few boxes of SV and my Nelson conversion loves the stuff. Went to the one nearest me and sure enough they had several HUNDRED BRICKS on the shelf.. $40 a brick, limit one. Had my wife stop by and get me a second. That will hold me for a little while if I practice with bulk junk. If anyone has a Dicks near you, might be worth a look.

markj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Confirmed an Atlanta area Dick's for bricks of Standard Velocity. They still had about twelve bricks when I stopped in. Cool beans. Maybe the new folks can come out now and shoot with us.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:26 pm

One box of 500 CCI SV left on Midway!

CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301143578/cci-standard-velocity-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose

Looks like some 22 ammo staying on shelves longer DSC_0989
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Escape Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:19 am

I haven't seen any bricks in ages but on Wednesday I was able to get two CCI sv plastic, 100 packs at my LGS. Yesterday, to salvage a wasted trip to Bass Pro I was back at the LGS and got two Winchester sv plastic, 100 packs. 400 rounds in one week is really good around here and the price was $6.95/box but I still probably spent more for diesel fuel than the ammo I got.

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Local Dick's got nothin'.

Odd, there seems to have NEVER been a shortage of shotgun ammo.

Almost all the CF calibers are in good supply again. Just the .22 stuff.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HUGHT Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Dicks on the southside of Atlanta. In Newnan and Fayetteville have bricks of CCI SV for $39.95 limit 1 per day. my wife and I made a couple of trips and I have enough now to last through next season.

HUGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaymo Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm

If only I could find .22 Mag ammo.

Jaymo

Back to top Go down

Post by dstates Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Got a couple bricks of CCI SV at Dick's in Peoria, IL over the weekend.  On Sat afternoon when I got the first brick they had about 10 and then on Sunday when I get the second brick they had two more on the shelf when I left...  In general, the store did not have much traffic, but I'm sure those two bricks are gone by now.

$43 (including tax)/500 = $0.086/round

dstates

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down