Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield RO trigger

4 posters

Go down

Springfield RO trigger Empty Springfield RO trigger

Post by jbking Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

I just got a new RO today brought it home and put in a new non ILS MSH with a 18 pound spring. It breaks crisp at about 4 1/4 pound but there is about 1mm take up. Would this be considered a roll trigger? Other than the bushing not being really tight the rest of it is. I am impressed. Can't wait to shoot this weekend.

jbking

Back to top Go down

Springfield RO trigger Empty Re: Springfield RO trigger

Post by Ed Hall Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:05 pm

You've stated that it 'breaks crisp."  Crisp and roll* are opposites.  Neither involves the take up.

Congratulations on your new gun.

*Roll allows you to feel the sear moving along the hammer hooks until it breaks.  Instead of just feeling an increase in pressure, you can actually feel movement, which tells you the trigger operation is progressing.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbking Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Thank you I think I understand now. I have a another question. There is a allen screw adjustment inside the trigger. What does this adjust? I tightened and it seemed it just increased the trigger pull weight. It does not explain in the owners manual.

jbking

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 am

That screw adjusts the "overtravel" of the trigger.  It doesn't change the "weight" of the trigger at all.  If you screw it in too far it will stop you from pressing the trigger far enough that the shot won't break.  You can also get it to the point where you get the shot to break but it's sporadic.  You want it adjusted so the shot breaks every time, and that stop keeps the trigger from moving much farther.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 am

If you over tighten (put screw into far) the hammer half cock notch will hit the sear and damage both the hammer and sear. To test for battering; hold hammer back and pull trigger to rear. Once trigger is to the rear hold it there. Now slowly ride hammer down if you feel a lit bump the hammer is hitting the sear. Back screw out until it doesn't hit. Then turn out extra 1/2 turn.
jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down