Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel Movement on Ball Gun

3 posters

Go down

Barrel Movement on Ball Gun Empty Barrel Movement on Ball Gun

Post by BE Mike Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:21 pm

I have a Clark accurized ball gun with Kreiger Acc-U-Rail System. When I press through the ejection port on the top of the barrel, I detect some slight movement. Is there an easy fix for this?
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Barrel Movement on Ball Gun Empty Re: Barrel Movement on Ball Gun

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Not being a gunsmith my guess would be to weld up & recut the area where the lower lugs contact the slide stop pin. Does the pin fit it's hole properly? A longer link MAY remove the slop but can bend the slide stop pin if you get carried away. I keep my bent pin handy to remind myself that there is a lot going on and it can get exciting. With all the things that can get broken I think a call to Clark or any other reputable smith would be more beneficial than fishing the web.

steve
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:04 am

Well, it depends. Could be as simple as fitting a new oversized slide stop. Could also mean the barrel legs were over cut and you need a new barrel. Personally I do not ever recommend welding up the barrel legs as they can break off at some point due to stress from the heat of welding.

Respectfully,

Joe C

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks for the tips. I started with the cheapest and most simple possible fix. I replaced the barrel link with a very slightly larger one that I had on hand. The barrel locks up tight now and there is no apparent binding.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down