Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red dot recovery in RF and TF

+4
Steve B
dronning
Deerspy
xman
8 posters

Go down

Red dot recovery in RF and TF Empty Red dot recovery in RF and TF

Post by xman Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Am trying to simulate RF and TF while dryfiring. Faking the recoil of my buckmark. I just installed a red dot sight and want to know how important is having the red dot centered in the glass as compared to keeping head position steady throughout the practice fire. Or are they both just as important as with iron sights.Question Am new to bulleye and have only used irons up to this point.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Red dot recovery in RF and TF Empty Re: Red dot recovery in RF and TF

Post by Deerspy Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:43 pm

my groups always seam to be smallest when the dot is in center of tube, so I dry fire with that in mind.

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:53 pm

xman wrote:.... Faking the recoil of my buckmark. .....

Just a caution if you are faking the recoil by flipping your wrist or other action you might start doing it when competing - that would suck.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:57 pm

To be honest.  I think trying to simulate recoil during dry fire is a very bad idea.  You could end up developing a flinch that will pull shots upwards.  When I focus on holding my position (hand, wrist, arm, shoulder, etc...) firm during a stage of fire it's unnecessary to 'bring' the sight(s) back onto the target as the automatically recenter when I start squeezing the trigger for the next shot.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:12 pm

I practice recovery during slow fire.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:37 pm

I believe you should be doing the shot so you don't ever have to think or do "recovery".  How you do the shot dictates how any recovery will be.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:27 am

From the previous dry fire shot I hold down the trigger, operate the slide, then start above the target where the sights would be during recoil. I then mentally picture the gun in recoil, release the trigger, and start the shot process over again. Also, make sure that you have an empty case, fired case for .22, case with fired primer for center fire, just something that will absorb some of the stress from the firing pin. Best of luck.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 am

The best way to practice dealing with recoil during TF/RF is to have a turning target.  Of ALL the money I have spent on Precision Pistol, the most well invested was for purchasing my own turning target.  I can honestly say that the reason I broke 2600 in my second year shooting and shooting a 2607 at Perry last year was because of practicing with it.  My short line percentage at Perry was 99.1%!! I was out at least two days per week engraining TF and RF in my mind.  There is absolutely no viable substitute. 
I bought the more expensive set up but one can be had for 600 I believe.  I spent around 1100 on mine.  It can be piggybacked with another system.  My shooting companion has one also and we have gotten together to practice and that is also a big help.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down