Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter

5 posters

Go down

Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter Empty Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter

Post by chiltech500 Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 am

Hello,

I'm trying to sell my Springfield Armory 1911 and want to use my Baer Wadcutter for the conversion. Unlike the Springer, the Baer will not feed without some sort of modification. Pulling the magazine out a bit solved the problem. 

I thought I read somewhere about fixes for this mag-1911 issue. Help anyone?

Thanks, bernie

chiltech500

Back to top Go down

Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter Empty Re: Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter

Post by CR10X Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:59 am

Some 1911's hold the .22 mags too high or low.  
EGW makes a mag release that hold the round considerably higher.  
A gunsmith can do some filing to make the mag release hold the mags a little lower.  

Sometimes simply changing out to another mag release will help. I really did not want to modify the .22 mags since I used between several conversions and frames. 

I also found the Baer's had slightly smaller slide stop hole, which required some work on the conversion slide stop pin.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter Empty Re: Fix for Nelson Conversion to load in Baer Wadcutter

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:26 am

Might try various ammos before modifying anything.

I have a Nelson conversion with both the BE Weaver - Mount barrel and the iron sight barrel mounted on a Les Baer Monolith.  I have used both the poly mags that came with the Nelson and GSG mags I also use with my Marvel conversion.

I have found the following to be true:

GSG mags with the BE barrel using 711B, CCI SV, Wolf Match Extra, Eley Target, Eley Sport, and Eley Club work perfectly.  Eley Club seemed to be the most accurate.

711B does not work well with the Nelson poly mags for me.  CCI SV and Eley Sport work fine.  The Nelson mags have only had a hundred or so rounds through them so I would guess that the results should not be considered valid until several more hundred rounds have been shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:36 pm

chiltech500 wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to sell my Springfield Armory 1911 and want to use my Baer Wadcutter for the conversion. Unlike the Springer, the Baer will not feed without some sort of modification. Pulling the magazine out a bit solved the problem. 

Thanks, bernie

Something to check..
The base of the magazine...How much fore and aft movement does it have..?? All frames are not created equal.. Some have a lot of play in this area, and as the gun functions, the moving magazine changes the angle of cartridge release. This can be corrected by silver soldering a thin strip  of metal (feeler gauge) to the front or back side of the magazine. Determine the best cartridge attitude required.. Sometimes a combination of the strip, and the higher mag position is required.. The 22 is small and as you can see, everything must be right to get it to feed...
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelson Custom Guns Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 am

chiltech500 wrote:Hello,

Thanks, bernie
Give me a call and we'll take care of you.

Larry
480-699-8040
Nelson Custom Guns
Nelson Custom Guns

http://www.nelsoncustomguns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnusbullets Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Larry gives great service. Called about problem with my nelson. Gave some tips to try and would go all thru unit if I sent back.
A day so later after some one on the list told us shooters to keep chambers clean with 25 cal brush. That fixed my problem.
Ammo sticking in chanmber etc will cost you pts.

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down